X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herculift too light for R4511

I am having problems using the mobile base (Her-cu-lift) with R4511 table saw. Sometimes it engages, other times it does not. Sometimes it is very hard to push down on the step. I had the TS3650 before this saw, and herculift worked perfectly every time. It appears that the castors are not always vertical!.. Could it be that the lift is not capable of lifting this weight (difference is about double the weight of the 3650)? My floor is plywood and not very flat. Please, advise.

Re: Herculift too light for R4511

Originally posted by Tonyeid View Post
    I am having problems using the mobile base (Her-cu-lift) with R4511 table saw. Sometimes it engages, other times it does not. Sometimes it is very hard to push down on the step. I had the TS3650 before this saw, and herculift worked perfectly every time. It appears that the castors are not always vertical!.. Could it be that the lift is not capable of lifting this weight (difference is about double the weight of the 3650)? My floor is plywood and not very flat. Please, advise.
    The Herc-u-lift is more than capable of lifting the R4511, but you need to make sure the 4 bolts that attach the lift to the legs are plenty loose. Yeah, sounds counterintuitive but the source of most herc-u-lift problems with the R4511 can be traced to these bolts not being loose enough.

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. The bolts are quite loose. I also assembled while I still had the ts3650, which I used for reference.

Comment

i remember seeing a few posts about the u-bolt needing to be flipped over before the lift would engage properly. when i watched, and helped, a HD crew assemble a 4511 during the clearance, they made the loose bolt mistake and the u bolt mistake. i have a h-lift on my 2412 and i have a hard time believing that the u bolt woulds make a difference, but apparently it does. HTH.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
          i remember seeing a few posts about the u-bolt needing to be flipped over before the lift would engage properly. when i watched, and helped, a HD crew assemble a 4511 during the clearance, they made the loose bolt mistake and the u bolt mistake. i have a h-lift on my 2412 and i have a hard time believing that the u bolt woulds make a difference, but apparently it does. HTH.
          You right, I had that problem too. It appears the u-bolt mounting holes are not always vertically centered on the u-bolt bar. So I flipped the bar (as suggested by a poster here) and that made a world of difference.

Comment

Another tip for the u-bolt: get your head on the ground and try to picture where the arc of the pedal will intersect with the u-bolt. I got the lift working a LOT better after adjusting the u-bolt nuts to move the u-bolt inward or outward.

When I first assembled it, it was like yours....sometimes it would engage, sometimes it wouldnt, and even worse sometimes it would engage but then disengage while moving. Adjusting the inward/outward position of the u-bolt fixed all the issues.

Comment

I don't know if I have been just lucky, but I've assembled three of these now, and had no problems with any of them. The only thing I had to do was adjust the "depth" of the U-bolt so it engages correctly.

Comment

I had trouble getting my lift to engage. I left the nuts on either side of the U bar loose and engaged the lift. This lets the u bolt move itself to line up and lock in to the lifting mechanism. Once it was locked in, i tightened the nuts while it was still engaged. I havent had trouble with it since.

Comment

Thanks guys. I flipped the U bolt 180 degrees. It did the trick! Wouldn't it be nice if Ridgid includes an assembly DVD? It would for sure save lots time, especially when one looks at the numbers of threads on this subject.

Comment

Working...
                  X