67.5 deg base molding mitre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67.5 deg base molding mitre

I have an outside corner that is 315 deg. I believe to make this work, I need to cut 67.5 degree mitre cuts on the 2 pieces.

I have a 12" Rigid Mitre saw, and can't really figure out how to do it.

Please help

Re: 67.5 deg base molding mitre

clamp a 90 degree square to the saw''s fence, so it is now the referenced fence, then set the saw to 23.5 degrees. this will mean that, if the molding is, say, 5" long, it will be sticking out, almost perpendicular to the main fence, when the cut is made.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Re: 67.5 deg base molding mitre

Originally posted by flogusson View Post
      I have an outside corner that is 315 deg. I believe to make this work, I need to cut 67.5 degree mitre cuts on the 2 pieces.

I have a 12" Rigid Mitre saw, and can't really figure out how to do it.

Please help
      Are you saying the inside angle between the two walls is 45 degrees?? Don't see that very often.... are you sure you're referencing your angles correctly? Got a picture?

If you really DO have a 315 degree outside corner, then the "point" of your baseboard molding is going to be sticking out from the wall pretty far. It will look funky. I would change the approach.... don't try to miter the two pieces, rather add a third (very short) piece. Your miters will get reasonable and the extremely long "point" where the baseboards come together goes away... should look much more reasonable. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
      X