X Y axis vise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Y axis vise

Could anyone give me some help as to where I can find an X Y axis vise that will fit on my Jet Mortising machine? It looks like it would be a great help but I don't want to buy one without being sure it will fit on my Jet.
    I see a couple on Grizzley's site,the G1064 and H0966. What about them?
    Thanks.

Mr. Morgan,

I take it your mortiser is a bench top unit?

Harbor frieght has one on sale right now, a cross sliding 4". I remember seeing it. I thought about this to aid in using my Shop Fox.

To be honest, careful thinking and planning can yeild specific jigs for the task at hand, with much easier and better results. You'll find it useless in trying to do a mortis in the end of even a 6" board. I know, I just did a project that called for spine joints. The jig I thought up will aid in furture projects. Maybe not that one as it was for 7 degree angels. But the idea will always be there. That is, until I can afford the General tilting head HD machine.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

ramorgan,

I bought the Grizzly G1064 to take the place of the hold down as well as the table and fence that come with the Jet mortiser. I mounted the vise at the front of a 2x12 that is approx. 24" long. I screwed another piece of 2x12 to the other end of the one that has the vise mounted on it so I could mount the Jet Mortiser on it. This raised the mortiser up far enough to allow clearance between the bit and the workpiece. It works great. I'll be glad to e-mail you a picture of it if you would like to see it.

Jimg

Comment

JimG,
        If you wouldn't mind sharing, I would be highly interested in seeing photo's of what you did! My mind is alway open to to expanded knowledge.

woody@woodys-workshop.com

Thank you!
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Working...
        X