Band Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band Saw

I thought there was a post regarding the new Band Saw (with TEFC motor), but I can't seem to find it. Is it available in stores yet?
    Mark

The BS1400 with a TEFC motor should be in stores now, but it will depend on how much of the old stock the HD store has.

Jake

Comment

Hey Jake, just bought the band saw last night in Atlanta (this brings my Ridgid tool total to 10). One of your Emerson reps was there and I asked him if it was the latest 'cause I knew you had some new stuff out. How do I tell if it has the new motor (I trust the guy, I'm just curious). Waiting for the new drill press to go to tool number 11.

Comment

Thanks Jake.

Jerry, please let us know how you like the new Band Saw when you get a chance to put it through the paces. Though from past experience I am leaning toward the Ridgid, I have to admit that the 1HP Jet with Rip Fence and Miter Gauge for $599 has caught my interest. Throw in no Tax, free shipping, and 5% back on my credit card at Amazon, hmmm only $60 more. Help keep me from turning to the dark side. Ten tools, what do you have or should I ask what don't you have (besides the DP)?
        Mark

Comment

First off, Jake I'll save you from embarrassing me, all I had to do was read the box.

So far so good, finished assembling this morning and test cut some red oak scraps. Runs real smooth and quiet, easy to assemble and let me help you with the price comparison to Jet.

List price at HD was $449 (although I thought my local store had it marked at $499) and, thanks to some of our friends who post here, I brought an add for the Grizzly (I think it was $370 with shipping). They didn't match but gave me 10% off. At $400 this is a no brainer. Wish it came with a rip fence and miter gauge, but these are not hard to add.

Here's my ten in order purchased:

6HP? shop vac
          12" compound miter saw
          TS2424 table saw
          Planer
          Dust collector
          Air filtration unit
          Jointer
          Lathe
          Edge/belt sander
          band saw

plenty of grey and orange in my shop.

Comment

Glad to here you went with the RIDGID...let me know who the machine runs.

Comment

Thanks for the info Jerry.

If I can get one for $400, then I will definitely go with the Ridgid. I have read previous posts re the HD pricing. Seems like individual stores may have flexiblity when it comes to price matching. Do you know what their official policy is? I will check to HD web site to see if I can find it.
              Mark

Comment

I bought the new bandsaw a couple of months ago out of in-store stock at a Toledo area HD. It went together without incident. The TEFC motor is fine. The saw seems to have plenty of power. The fit and finish was as fine as any other's I've seen, including the $850 Delta. I had a minor question and jake responded immediately with the solution. I feel that this saw is equal to or better than its competition in the 14 inch market. Thanks to Ridgid and especially to Jake.

Sincerely, Mike Narges

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jerry Jensen:

List price at HD was $449 (although I thought my local store had it marked at $499) and, thanks to some of our friends who post here, I brought an add for the Grizzly (I think it was $370 with shipping). They didn't match but gave me 10% off. At $400 this is a no brainer. QUOTE]

Jerry - My local HD also lists it at $499. Where did the price of $449 come from? I would also like to buy one especially at around $400. Thanks

Comment

Jake:
                    HD told me they did not carry Ridgid on their web site.
                    Why not, want you to go to store to price?

Comment

I'm assuming the band saw is not on the web site due to shipping cost. Also what is available on HDs site all depends on what zip code you enter.

Jake

Comment

Hey Mike, it be a rough drive from Minnesota to Atlanta and I don't think you'd break even on the mileage. I think I just got lucky, you know what they say about a blind squirrel.

Comment

Jerry,

Which store in Atlanta did you buy your saw from. I would like to check with them before I buy. Maybe I can use their price to negotiate the same here where I live.

Brad
                          Brad Hatchett<br />brad@hatchettfamily.net

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jerry. I went to my HD last night and I saw that the price on the BS1400 was now $449.00. They must have lowered the price since I saw it last Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                            X