No announcement yet.

3612 or 3650 table saw? Help, please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up my TS3650 this morning and spent 3 hours assembling the unit. I ran the saw and it was very smooth and ran great.

Then disaster struck, I flipped the switch to make the first cut on a new project and the motor labored and then tripped the breaker in my shop. I checked the electric supply with a ryobi table saw, all was well. My 120 v 6 HP compressor runs well from this supply too.

In short the machine looks great and the fence works very well. Now if only the %$##@%^ thing would run!!.

Back to the store again and probably 3 more hours assembling the new one.

You think I can just exchange the motor?
    No Bull Dust Just Saw Dust

Comment

I picked up my TS3650 this morning and spent 3 hours assembling the unit. I ran the saw and it was very smooth and ran great.

Then disaster struck, I flipped the switch to make the first cut on a new project and the motor labored and then tripped the breaker in my shop. I checked the electric supply with a ryobi table saw, all was well. My 120 v 6 HP compressor runs well from this supply too.

In short the machine looks great and the fence works very well. Now if only the %$##@%^ thing would run!!.

Back to the store again and probably 3 more hours assembling the new one.

You think I can just exchange the motor?

Comment

LIKEY good logical decision.
        Many like/love that one. Me-in bed with the other one ___ in case that's not known
        Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

A turn out the motor on 3650 is from Taiwan. I took the faulty motor back to the store and they exchanged it with the 3650's predecessors’ motor they had on their display model. This motor is made here at home and it runs like a dream.
          Good old USA. After doing all the cuts needed for 7 cabinets including joints dados and such I can honestly say that this saw is a keeper. It is much less noisy than my last saw. And the dust collection system works like a dream too. The only thing is that the lift mech has to go. I found that often the load is not completely removed from the wheels causing the table be unstable. Bending down (while making "Dad" noise) and turning the casters so the load was removed from the wheels did help, but where she is now she will stay, so off with the wheels.

Other than that I am a happy camper.

Bzzzzzzzzzzz. Bzzzzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz
          Ah happy days.

Comment

NB----would suggest you first check the level of your floor where your using the saw, and then, if necessary, go back to square one on set-up of the Herculift. Past comments have been that it is tricky to set-up at first, but works like a dream after.

You're darned lucky to have gotten an Emerson motor----sadly, the guy buying the display model won't be so lucky. I have a 1 hp model----14 yrs. old that is still slicing through thick boards. But don't kid yourself that your saw is now "typical" of the 3650, since that Chinwanise motor is a problem for many so far. Good luck with the saw, and give that Herculift a second chance.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X