X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life time warranty

Sounds to me like Ridgid's lifetime warranty means a lifetime of returning tools to HD for replacement or repair. I'd rather have tool that are reliable for several years than those that are not reliable from the beginning.

Tool technology changes. I don't mind buying new tools every few years with the exception of stationary tools.

If you want quality and precision you can't buy it from a chain store anyway.

Good luck to all
    Jim

That "good luck to all" part brought a tear to my eye.

I own a fair amount of Ridgid products and I'm happy with all of them.

I think we've all caught on that you don't like ridgid.

Comment

Rofl
      You must not be reading the forum. It seems to me that every other topic is about a Ridgid tool problem.
      As for good luck to all, that is what you need if you buy a Ridgid brand tool.
      You like your tools now but wait till you have to take them in for repair or replacement over and over again. I have!
      Good luck to all (with Ridgid & HD)
      By the way I am a "Prefered Customer" @ HD.
      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabee:
        If you want quality and precision you can't buy it from a chain store anyway.
        Hows the fishing going today?

Lets see, if memory serves me right, at HD you can buy; Milwaukee, Makita, Porter-Cable, Senco, Bostitch, Bosch, DeWalt, RIDGID, and Campbell Hausfeld to name just some of the quality lines available there. Appears to me that you maybe need to do a little more homework before you go shooting your mouth off. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Big deal.

They shut the store down so I can shop by myself.

People who have problems go looking for help.

People who like to cause problems come here also.

If you want to express disappointment, you have done so.

Beyond that it's just whining/product bashing.

Comment

Had my Ridgid drill about five months, with no problems!!

Comment

ANYone who buys ANY brand blindly (or doesn't buy ANY brand blindly) doesn't know how to shop. Every item should be researched and the best of that item purchased. There are very good Ridgid tools and there are Ridgid tools that shouldn't be on the market. This holds true for Delta, DeWalt, Jet, Powermatic, Grizzly,or any brand you can name. It holds true for cars, trucks, appliances, lawn mowers, and even restaurants. For major tools (stationalry and hand held power) I have Powermatic, DeWalt, Grizzly, Hitachi, Craftsman, Makita, Freud, Skil, Ridgid, Bostitch, Northern Tool, and even Harbor Freight. Best tool for the job at the right quality level for the job, at the right price/value ratio, that is my shopping criteria, not blind brand loyality.

gator

[ 02-04-2004, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: gator ]

Comment

Gator, I could not have said it better

Comment

Badger Dave,
                  You need to shop outside the box. You have been brainwashed about the quality and precision of these brands. Visit some craftsmens' shops and you'll find tools that you've never heard of. They are expensive though. You'll get what you pay for.
                  Jim

Comment

Well said Gator. I would also have to agree with Jim----no so-called lifetime warranty can substitute for a quality tool---after all, your time is also worth something. And by the same token, while Jim is obviously PO'ed, certainly think he has the right to express his frustration without getting trounced on. His isn't the first problem reported with cordless Ridgid tools.
                    Dave

Comment

Kemosabee, you mean like SCM, Mini Max, DMC, Gabbiani, Morbidelli, Mahros and Routech to name a few? I am sure we would all love to have the privilege of owning these tools but most of us here have tool budget that is some what less than what we paid for our homes. Then there is that problem of getting 3 phase power in a residential neighbourhood.
                      Badger Dave was right on with his post as was ROFL

Comment

So, how many posts do you need to start that say you are unhappy with your Ridgid tools? I think that maybe every other post is about a problem because the same people keep posting them.

Comment

Working...
                        X