Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffler to fit new WD12450 wet/dry vac ??

Has the Muffler been re-deigned to fit the larger "Tug-A-Long" sized exhaust port ?? The one for my old Craftsman vac is too small in diameter (approx. 2.65" vs. 2.26").

I just don't want to make that 2 hour long round trip to HD to find out it does not fit !! Then again, I suppose I could add some 3/16" thick adhesive-backed gasketing to the o.d. of the muffler to make it fit if needed.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

I have VAC's with both styles of exhaust ports, and have purchased the muffler. The muffler itself will fit a normal exhaust port and comes with a tug along adapter.
    So no matter what type exhaust you have it should hook up. And it cuts the noise about in 1/2 I'd say.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Thanks !!

I'd agree that it cuts the noise out of the exhaust port in half, but it only reduces the the o/a noise by about 2 Db. It is however a noticeable improvement.

See my post in the "Tool Idea" section for my recommended "muffler revision" that eliminated the only complaint I had with it. If you have not already done this mod, you will like this muffler a whole lot more !!

Doug

Comment

Doug,

As Woody said, there is an adapter with the muffler to make it fit on your vac. If you cannot find one, give 1-800-4RIDGID a call.

Jake

Comment

Hi: I have a plan for a homemade muffler, if you're interested I can email it to you.
          Ross

[ 01-15-2003, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Ross J ]

Comment

Working...
          X