Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Muffler to fit new WD12450 wet/dry vac ??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffler to fit new WD12450 wet/dry vac ??

Has the Muffler been re-deigned to fit the larger "Tug-A-Long" sized exhaust port ?? The one for my old Craftsman vac is too small in diameter (approx. 2.65" vs. 2.26").

I just don't want to make that 2 hour long round trip to HD to find out it does not fit !! Then again, I suppose I could add some 3/16" thick adhesive-backed gasketing to the o.d. of the muffler to make it fit if needed.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

I have VAC's with both styles of exhaust ports, and have purchased the muffler. The muffler itself will fit a normal exhaust port and comes with a tug along adapter.
    So no matter what type exhaust you have it should hook up. And it cuts the noise about in 1/2 I'd say.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Thanks !!

I'd agree that it cuts the noise out of the exhaust port in half, but it only reduces the the o/a noise by about 2 Db. It is however a noticeable improvement.

See my post in the "Tool Idea" section for my recommended "muffler revision" that eliminated the only complaint I had with it. If you have not already done this mod, you will like this muffler a whole lot more !!

Doug

Comment

Doug,

As Woody said, there is an adapter with the muffler to make it fit on your vac. If you cannot find one, give 1-800-4RIDGID a call.

Jake

Comment

Hi: I have a plan for a homemade muffler, if you're interested I can email it to you.
          Ross

[ 01-15-2003, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Ross J ]

Comment

Working...
          X