Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Building a dust control center. What do you think?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a dust control center. What do you think?

With the input from you guys I have decided to build my own dust control center. This is what i would like to do:
    Like I said before my shop is from 0 to 9 feet off the ground.with a 9 foot garage door in the front and sliding glass doors in the rear (9 foot to ground), 3/4 inch T&G plywood floor, awesome ventilation in the summer with north west prevailing winds.
    I want to run plastic plumbing pipe under the shop from one end to the other with a collector motor at one end. Then have plastic pipe running off this up through the floor where it can be capped of "Flush with the floor". Then when I want to run a particular tool all I have to do is (remove a cap) attach a standard 2 1/2 inch Vac hose to the down spout that is capped off, there will be a few of these capped of at floor down spouts.
    What do you guys think? I need input on the size of pipe I should run under the floor of the shop (main collector line) and the pipe that runs off of this up through the floor. Remember I want to use a standard 2 1/2 inch shop vac type hose to plug into the various "cap off's). This should be very cheap to make and install due to the shop being off the ground, good grief I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it, LOL.
    Changeling

Somebody else was looking into dust control recently, this is what I posted to them:
    This book has everything you want to know about dust control. Controlling Dust in The Workshop. It has a simple plan to build your own filtration system instead of spending $200 on one that has limitations. You can adapt it to fit as many filters as you want.
    After reading it I decided it is a good idea to put the dust collector outside of the workshop if possible since the bags on the collector do not necessarily trap all the dust.
    Read the other reviews at Amazon.
    The book is only about 10 bucks, but well worth it before spending hundreds on a system.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Working...
    X