Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I purchased a 1300 planer last week for $297 with 10% discount, last nite went in last nite returned it and repurchased for $237 added a 2600 ROS and walked out with $10 dollars in my pocket.
    Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by daveferg:
      kdur'----welcome and don't spend any more time looking for the dado insert----it isn't included---heard they will have one available--but not confirmed.

I bought the Delta 580 about 14 months ago. Prior to the Delta coming out, the Ridgid was on my short list of choices, but it's really now old technology, what with the Delta 580 and new DeWalts.

The Delta has been fantastic----like Cranky, I don't try to take too heavy a cut at once----couldn't tell you the number of lin' feet I've cut, but have used it for 3 good sized projects and there's not the slightest sign of the blades dulling. As to the DeWalt blades dulling----I would think, with three, it would dull slower.

The smoothness of the slow speed is great----requires very little sanding.

While I haven't changed the blades yet, the fact that they're disposable and require no alignment would be a real time saver.

BTW---while not as good as the WWS deal, Woodcraft is having a 10% off all Deltas tomorrow (Sat.).
      Dado inserts been in the HD's for about 2 weeks now, maybe longer. In store(s) yesterday and today and they have at least 20 in both so if one has not made one can buy.
      Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Got my Delta 22-580 and my 4" dust chute yesterday, can't wait to get it started, great service from Woodworker's Supply! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-24-2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: ingkaw ]

Comment

Originally posted by ingkaw:
          Got my Delta 22-580 and my 4" dust chute yesterday, can't wait to get it started, great service from Woodworker's Supply! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Congrats to you! [img]smile.gif[/img]

My son-as expected I guess, swiped the DW over the Delta. Honestly think it was as much "color appeal" as anything

Have you had chance to use yet? I had to really wax up the thing to get a smooth slide and then I had something really frustrating start too - way more snipe than I've ever experienced on one. And a bad knife that was nicked. Both overcome easily enough but happy I did not need to finish anything on rush as I would have been SOL.

Picked up knifes locally - they are indeed sending me replacement set but I needed sooner so just purchased locally. IMO - sooner or later I'd need anyway so no biggie.

Nice and smooth and plenty of power. Still more snipe than I'd like but also still fine tuning per se and will get resolved. Just cutting stock a little longer to compensate for what I will have to cut off.

All in all - I like it. I think I'll like as much as the 735 when bugs worked out too. At this price I am willing to cut it a little slack

Gotta say tho - the DW was sweet as can be right outta box. I was spoiled from git-go
          Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Working...
          X