X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Motor replacement

Has any one of you replaced the R4511 motor with a more powerful one?
    Thank you.
    Bert

Re: R4511 Motor replacement

I havn't yet but I have been doing some research on this very issue. As of now know one has givin me an answer.

I have been comparing the Steel City 35905G (a granite top 3HP saw) that seems to have the same trunion setup that we have in our saws. Now when I looked through the parts diagrams between the Steel city 3hp and 1.75 hp version there is no differeance in any of the part numbers but the motor.

So in other words I believe that our saw can handle the upgrade of a new motor up to 3HP/220V/1-Phase assuming that you change out the on off switch for a mag-type starter switch.

I plan on doing this once funds are available....which could be 1-2years at the rate things are going around hear........

Comment

Originally posted by ndekens View Post
      I havn't yet but I have been doing some research on this very issue. As of now know one has givin me an answer.

I have been comparing the Steel City 35905G (a granite top 3HP saw) that seems to have the same trunion setup that we have in our saws. Now when I looked through the parts diagrams between the Steel city 3hp and 1.75 hp version there is no differeance in any of the part numbers but the motor.
      That sounds interesting. If anyone changes to a larger motor, please post. A 3HP motor would be sweet!

Red
      Red

Comment

Yes, would be nice to have all that power...except the cost of most decent 3hp motors would be almost the cost of the saw

Comment

Originally posted by tomapple View Post
          Yes, would be nice to have all that power...except the cost of most decent 3hp motors would be almost the cost of the saw
          Yes but if you got the saw at the $299 clearance price then add a $280 3HP motor from Grizzly, and say $50 for the switch plus another $50 to fix the fence rail to one peace your in for a grand total of $679!!! Still less then the original cost of the saw! and you now have a cabinet grade saw! ....still a pretty amazing deal.

Comment

Working...
          X