New toy- Ridgid Jointer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy- Ridgid Jointer

Bought a Ridgid jointer last night. It was not marked down as far as some others have reported elsewhere in the country, it was 15% off retail, but I needed one so I pulled the trigger and its down in my shop to be assembled. Still for the money a good deal to me.

I had considered going with Grizzly's 6 inch spiral head unit, but it was a lot more money, and even so I think I could upgrade the Ridgid later with either a Grizz or Byrd head and still have less money in it than a lot of other straight knife units.

Re: New toy- Ridgid Jointer

I have that same jointer, going on about 5 years now. It's about time to wok on the cutters! I have been considering the upgrade from Grizzly. That spiral-cut head seems to get a lot of good press. The downside of it to me seems to be that the setting of the individual "teeth" might be a good bit fiddly. Have you ever seen or worked with one of those things?
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Re: New toy- Ridgid Jointer

VASANDY- No, I haven't ever worked with a spiral head cutter, but I like the concept of the shearing action and the fact that you get to use 4 sides of the cutter head.

Comment

Working...
      X