Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEwbie setting up a woodshop...have questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rafael:
    16x16 will be fine for sheet goods if you have your TS on the diagonal. The diagonal of your shop would be about 22 feet. Also, utilize any doors for infeed or outfeed if possible.
    I had planned to put the TS on the diagonal with the bench as an out feed extension before I read you reply.

Thanks!!

Comment

OK, golfnerd, you got me again, didn't think you meant concret supports every two feet! Still, use construction glue on the joists before laying down your plywood - more better. (Hay, I'm tryin')

I want to reinforce my original suggestion and what several others have said about the dust collection - its your health, nuff said.

One more thing, what are you going to do with those golf clubs when you become "woodnerd"? Seems you will be storing them - hope they won't be stored where there will be a lot of dust!

Looks like you are well along your way to planning - let us all know how it turns out and post some pics.
      Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Bersch:
        OK, golfnerd, you got me again, didn't think you meant concret supports every two feet! Still, use construction glue on the joists before laying down your plywood - more better. (Hay, I'm tryin')

I want to reinforce my original suggestion and what several others have said about the dust collection - its your health, nuff said.

One more thing, what are you going to do with those golf clubs when you become "woodnerd"? Seems you will be storing them - hope they won't be stored where there will be a lot of dust!

Looks like you are well along your way to planning - let us all know how it turns out and post some pics.
        Ray
        my moniker was given to me as a term of affection from my wonderful wife...I'll keep the "woodnerd" to myself for a while to see if she comes up with the same thing.

So, what kind of dust control do you recommend? I can get a Delta dust control machine - don't know the model number [img]redface.gif[/img] - from Lowes for about 160.00. It has the bags on top and bottom and a 4 inch hose that comes off the machine. Would one machine plus a shop vac or two do the trick?

Comment

Working...
        X