X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zero clearence insert

were can i get a zero clearence throat plate for the granite top ridge table saw? and why are the saws no longer sold at the Home Depot?

fredbeaver

Re: zero clearence insert

why not save money and make your own. try this:

http://www.woodsmith.com/issues/178/...arance-insert/

HTH
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

definately make your own... Make a bunch of them for your popular sizes. The saw is coming back, or not coming back depending on which side you believe... Ridgid's marketing people must be smoking crack or something... it's a great saw.... Just added a router top extension with a Triton 3 1/4 router... SWEEEETTTT!

Comment

Just make your own. Get some 1/2" oak, rough cut to general dimension, double sided tape the OE insert, pattern bit on the router. Get four or five 1/4" x 20 inserts so you can level it and you are there.

This assumes you have a router.

There are a couple more things to know and do and if you are going to make your own insert I can provide a more detailed step through.

Comment

The search engine is your friend, fredbeaver. No slam intended but buried in here are virtually step by step directions. BTW, welcome aboard!
          Later,
          Chiz

Comment

As mentioned, make your own. Very easy and affordable. I used some scrap 1/4" hardboard with some screws to level. And welcome to the forum.

Red
            Red

Comment

Working...
            X