Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridgid could have accomplished what they are doing with ryobi in other ways without besmirching the ridgid name. They didn't even try something as simple as internet sales or utilizing sales reps. Bad management.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by rafael:
      ...Bad management.
      Well, there ya go. I think bringing internet marketing to their attention on their web forum should be instructive.

Look, there's always more to these kinds of stories. See discussions re: patents, Sears, tooling.

Checked out TTNDY's stock chart.

Could be a rough start up, but I like their chances. They have instant local distribution points throughout the US, and Emerson as mentors in the biz.

Time will tell.

Comment

Yep...anyone getting that big a contract would drive the stock prices up...but that means nothing to us. The proof will be in the tools and the new marketing approach. You don't think Emerson's stock went up when they branded Ridgid?

What Rafael was saying is that they were in a bad spot only selling the tools at HD's. Having a forum isn't selling their tool lines online. I happen to agree that the all eggs in a basket approach is sorry and that they should have passed on the HD deal.

HD's has a habit of badgering their vendors and making them do things no other retail chain does. Lowe's certainly doesn't employ the same tactics.
        Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Rafael---don't know your age, but sound like you're a bit younger----Actually, B&D used to have an excellent reputation. In my 40 plus years of ww'ing, I've owned 2 of their corded drills---the only reason it wasn't just one, is the first was destroyed in a fire! When the bought/merged with DeWalt, guess they made an executive decission to use the B&D name to market their cheapie tools----of the tried and true B&D designs---they all became DeWalt! Besides, when B&D bought DeWalt---all DW had was a line of radial arm saws---at least as I remember it----.

Now, since Ryobi is already the low-end brand, won't be quite the same pattern---at least we hope not.

I do agree that between problems re-surfacing with Sears and very poor support from HD, Ridgid likely had little choice----they were marketing on their web site, but only those tools which HD had dropped (dust collectors for one).
          Dave

Comment

Look at the 3 and 5 year charts, and plot the Ridgid announcement on them. This was a very successful company before this announcement.

They have beaucoup cash, and now, new instant outlets across North America.

Some don't seem to understand the importance of this, but imagine, say, Grizzly, in every HD (or Lowe's, or Sears) in America. Substitute General or Powermatic or Jet, if you prefer (good American names, huh?).

Comment

YOU ALL KNOW THAT RIDGID MAKES ABOUT 10 MILL A YEAR THOUGH HD.NOW THERE GOING TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF RYOBI FOR THERE NAME! THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE A RYOBI-RIDGID LIKE B&D AND DW. DEWALT IS BETTER THAN BLACK AND DECKER NOW BECAUSE THATS THE WAY THEY WANT IT . DOULBLE DIPPING, LOW END TOOLS FOR HOME OWENERS HIGHER Q FOR INDUSTIAL.BUT TO GET BACK TO RIDGE THE ONLY TOOLS THEY EVERY MADE ANY GOOD ARE THEADING EQ. DRAIN EQ. HAND TOOLS. TAKE A LOOK FOR EXAMPLE AT THERE SAWZAW ITS A PORTERCABLE SAME AS THERE BANDSAW. SO WHY DIDDNT THEY JUST GO WITH PC FOR THERE WOODWOKING TOOLS. THERE WILL BE ALOT OF WARANTY CLAIMS NOW. WELL THERE ALREADY IS ALOT OF CLAIMS ONTHERE OWN LINE NOW SO WHY NOT RYOBI. EVERY THING I EVER FIXED OR ATTEMTED TO FIX FOR RYOBI WAS JUNK. DO NOT THINK THEY WILL BE BETTER WITH RIDGE NAME AND COLORS JUNK WILL REMAIN JUNK AND THE JUNK RIDGID JUST DUMMPED ON RYOBI MAKES A GOOD MAIRAGE THER ARE ALOT OF GOOD TOOLS OUT THERE SPEND THE MONEY AND BE HAPPY. BUT STAY AWAY FROM RIDGOBY! HA!.............

Comment

HITACHI MAKITA HILTI FEIN BOSCH MILW DEWALT PORTERCABLE-DELTA METABO,

Comment

Jon I don't know if that was your intention or not, but all caps is hard to read.
                  www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

sorry about the caps. new to the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X