Been good talking to you all.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been good talking to you all.

Thought I would take a minute to say it has been good talking to you all. May not be around after Monday night though. Or at least not in any condition to write anything.

You see I finally got the riser kit for my BS1400 and got it installed. Well the blade that came with it sucks big time.(big suprise hun?) And I listened to the group here and decided on the FastTrack fence. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wife's out of town till Monday night so I figured I would take a little drive to the nearest Woodcraft store 2 1/2 hours away. Came home with a FastTrack fence, micro adjuster, 7" resaw guide and of course I needed all new blades. Hey did you guys know they sell Timberwolf blades there. Yep, got one of every size I needed including a 3/4" 3 tooth resaw blade. Came home with a couple of other items too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Needless to say, the wife has not seen the bill yet. All I can say is it's gonna be ugly. If any of you are from Kansas or Oklahoma and see an add for an auction of woodworking tools here in an few days, well, just use em in good health. I'll try to get the link belts on everything before she gets home. Yeah bought them there too.
    I came...<br /><br />I saw...<br /><br />I changed the plans.

G.W.

For future reference, you can purchase the Timber Wolf blades directly form Suffolk at a substantial discount compared the premium Woodcraft charges.

Woodslayer

Comment

Wow, just looked at the Timberwolf blades at suffolkmachinery and the prices are really cheap. Regular blades at Rockler and Woodcraft cost more.

Wondering what the shipping charge is

Comment

Four words - "cash my man...cash".

Comment

Originally posted by woodslayer:
          G.W.

For future reference, you can purchase the Timber Wolf blades directly form Suffolk at a substantial discount compared the premium Woodcraft charges.

Woodslayer
          Looked at the site and you are correct. I will do that next time. Guess I was too excited about getting the thing up and running the way that I wanted it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood:
            Four words - "cash my man...cash".
            Cash in our house hold does not help. The wife is a v.p. at the bank, I can't get change for a 10 with out her knowing it and of course the pay check is direct deposit. Oh well I can make lots of sawdust before she gets home. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Comment

Plead temporary insanity...kind of like my wife does when she buys shoes. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Michael

Comment

G.W.---"You're a greater man than I, Gunga Din"! LOL
                \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

Comment

It's always best to operate under the theory that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. In my house though that's all it is, just a theory.
                  I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

GW,

Where abouts in Kansas, Oklahoma area are you from. We might be able to work out a deal where I can store your tools or buy them from you. hehehe.
                    I live in Olathe Ks, on the SW corner of Kansas City

Randy

Comment

Sorry, I'm in Wichita. My Mother lives about 10 miles from you in Overland Park though. Thanks for the offer, but I found the best thing to cover my expense. The first thing I built was a laundry station to go inbetween or 2 year old Washer and the new dryer that replaced our 21 year old dryer. She is decorating it now after painting it white. So for now I am safe. In fact, she is considering purchasing for me Dewalts new 2 speed 13" plainer.

Comment

G.W. - Sounds like it's time to go buy more while you have her thinking you got the new stuff just to make her life easier.

Just in case she figures you out, I live in Hutch so I can give your tools a good home that you can visit on weekends.

Woodrat

Comment

G.W. - Sounds like it's time to go buy more while you have her thinking you got the new stuff just to make her life easier.

Just in case she figures you out, I live in Hutch so I can give your tools a good home that you can visit on weekends.

Woodrat

Comment

Hope you enjoy the Fasttrack. I wish I had known about it when I bought my Jet fence. For $20-$30 more dollars I could have had a better fence with a micro-adjustment.

Comment

Working...
                            X