Jointer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer

I'm looking at the new Ridgid 6" jointer and was wondering if anyone has had any problems with it? All the recent write ups seem to praise it, and the $399.00 sale price has gotten my attention.

Thanks!

Ted

i think you will find that you will be very happy with this jointer. i love mine. you will see a few threads here young and old regarding set up problems and the like. my only problem was setting up the blades, and it was a problem on my end, not the machine. it is well made and well worth the bucks
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

My X'mas present to myself JP0610jointer just took it out of the box ready to assembly. Why
      does it look like the motor mount holes at the bottom don't want to match up with the left base?
      Step one of assembly.

Comment

tedp - go for it, I love mine and you won't be disappointed either.

Well fritzy, you are a better man than me. When I get a new tool, I can't stop until it is assembled and I take a test drive.

I would lay out those parts on the floor the way they are supposed to go together, sometimes it is hard to see the orientation until they are out in front of you. Once you start assembling, I would stay with it, not all steps are intuitive, and as you figure it out I would stay with it.

Comment

The dust shoot needs to be on top of the legs!
          Andy B.

Comment

Great machine, little noisy but other than that it's great.
            Mine come pre set up, and had little trouble assembling it. For the $$$, you won't find a better deal especially when you through in the convenience of utilizing the Lifetime warrenty at your local Home Depot!
            John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I just setup my new Ridgid jointer as well. It' a beauty. Runs smooth as silk. I've never used a jointer before, but taking my time a making small passes, I took the warp out of big piece of cherry laying around my shop , worked great.

I do have a question for anyone who might know. The instructions say, " The outfeed table is set at the factory, and shouldn't need further adjustment. The control knob for the outfeed on my jointer will not move more that a 1/4 turn. Is that normal
              Thanks in advance.

Comment

I probably just answered this at WoodNet, but in case anyone else has this problem.

The outfeed table is locked, you need to unlock it to adjust. The locking screw/lever is on the back of the jointer, under the fence mount.

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave
                  Andy B.

Comment

Working...
                  X