Table Saw dust collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Saw dust collection

Just recently bought a R4510 table saw as well as a 6 gal Rigid 6 gal shop vac for dust control. Well surprise surprise the discharge on the saw has a 2.5 diameter and the inlet on the shop vac is 1 7/8. No one seems to make the adaptor required to make this hook up. Well necessity being what it is I spent about an hour in the local Home Depot and came up with the following and it seems to work well. I came across a rubber plumb qwik fitting that is 2 to 1.5. If you take off the clamp on the 2" side, the rubber is soft enough it will go over the 2.5 outlet on the saw snuggly with no problems. The 1 7/8 goes into the adaptor without any problems but should it be to loose you can just tighten the clamp on the 1.5 inch side of the adaptor so it does not fall out. Hope this is a help to all as i read the other day folks were having a problem with this issue.

Re: Table Saw dust collection

Ah yes, Fernco style couplings, almost as handy as duct tape.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

You can also buy the 2.5" replacement hose for the larger RIDGID vacs. It is part # VT2520. The inlet on the drum is the same size on all the vacs, they just neck down to the smaller 1-7/8" hose size.

Comment

Originally posted by whipp75 View Post
        You can also buy the 2.5" replacement hose for the larger RIDGID vacs. It is part # VT2520. The inlet on the drum is the same size on all the vacs, they just neck down to the smaller 1-7/8" hose size.
        This is the way to go, as the longer and larger diameter hose will improve flow while allowing to you move the vac further away which will reduce the noise level at the saw. Doubling the distance should drop the noise level considerably.
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

A little different situation here, but solved the same problem. I have a Delta 10" table saw that is "portable", it's on a stand and is light enough for me to take in/out of my work trailer doing home repairs. At times I may have to set up in a customers driveway, just outside the garage, etc., to cut material and this made a mess until- -I found a "dust collector" that attaches to the table saw cabinet with Velcro. This creates an enclosure which catches 98% of the table saws chips/dust into the bad which hangs below. There is a port to attach a vacuum to clean it out also, maybe 2 1/2" or so. It's somewhat easier than having to attach a vacuum to the saw all the time. It's in my trailer now, I cannot remember the name but I found it at "Woodcraft(ers)" while visiting a sister in the Atlanta, GA. area. I'm sure there are other brands out there which would work. David

Comment

Working...
          X