X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP1300 Planer question

Hi: I have just bought a TP1300 Ridgid planer.(40% discount) In the manual it says to clean the feed rollers with alcohol. Is denatured alcohol what they mean to be used? Also is there a way to turn over the feed rollers by hand when cleaning or do you have to jog over electrically?
    Thanks for any help!
    Ross

I used denatured alcohol and I wouldn't recommend putting your hand in there while it's on. The feed rollers will turn by hand. Also another helpful hint if your planing long boards(over 24") you have to support the end of the board as it comes out the other side or it will gouge the board when it gets past the first roller. Just something I learned the hard way.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve: Thanks for the feedback, I tried to purchase denatured alcohol from the druggist and he told me a person has to be licienced to purchase it. I asked for a substitute & he gave me isopropanol 99% and it seems to work fine. I can't turn the feed rollers by hand but they turn slow enough that I can switch the planer on & off at the proper location for cleaning.
      Ross

Comment

Working...
      X