X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Freud Blade?

For general use on a table saw ripping and cross cutting, which Freud blade do you suggest? I've seen anywhere from 40 to 80 teeth and quite franky I'm not sure what I need.

Also, online I see the "industrial" blades but at Home Depot I see the "Diablo" blades. Is there a difference? The guy at the local Woodcraft today suggested a Dewalt blade. He thought it was as good as the Forrest blade, and half the price.

Thanks!!

I use the Freud LU84R011 on my 3612. I couldn't be happier with the cuts it gives me. For a general combo blade this one is hard to beat. I think I paid around $60 for mine.

FWIW, I run the LU85C010 on my 10" CMS. It's the chrome plated version of the LU85R010. Delivers glass smooth crosscuts and although the chrome plated blade is no longer available the LU85R010 coated blade can be had found for about $55.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

NOT FREUD...SORRY, BUT I WOULD RECOMMEND THE CMT GENERAL
      \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Get the feeling that getting recommendations on buying a blade for your saw will generate more recommendations than buying a car. I use the general purpose signature series blade (45 teeth) and love it. Makes great cuts. You can buy it at the othe major home improvement store for $40 - $45. I went to "The Wood Workers Show" this past weekend in Atlanta and DeWalt has a new blade on the market that was very impressive as well. It was about the same price. You can almost never go wron with a Freud thought. I just do not know which one you should buy! Good luck shopping.

Comment

One thing you can depend on. These guys only recommend good and gooder. Get ready to spend some money.
          If a butterfly didn\'t have wings, they\'d call it a butterwalk.

Comment

I know a lot of yall are going to think I am off my rocker, but I use the Freud 24T Diablo blade for ripping and it makes a clean, clean cut with no problems. The best part is the price, about $25 dollars a blade.

Comment

If you're looking for a general purpose saw, the Freud combo 50 tooth blade is my best suggestion. Everyone will agree that it's best to have a different saw for ripping vs crosscutting. However I like most folks don't want to change my blade every time I fire up my saw, I've found this is a very good blade for around 60 bucks.

I am sure I'll get a forrest one of these days too when I feel like shellin out 100.

Jake

Comment

Working...
              X