Wood Magazine Outfeed Table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Magazine Outfeed Table

Who out there has made the outfeed table from Wood magazine? Is there anything you would do different? What dimensions did you use? Thanks in advance.

Re: Wood Magazine Outfeed Table

You probably will get more responses if you are a little more specific. Is the outfeed table you're referring to one of these?
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

This is the outfeed table and work bench. This is the one that the table will store under when you are not using it as an outfeed table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZyguUCdw4s

Comment

I love this outfeed table and tried to find the plan for it on Wood's website but had no luck.....any help??
        thanks,
        Ben

FOUND IT!! Thanks
        Ben
        Last edited by brownlee; 06-21-2010, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I build the Tablesaw Workbench and have been using it for some time.

I did change the dimensions to accommodate my Ridgid TS3650 saw.

I don't think I would make any modifications to the plan.

I don't like the fact that the fence and blade guard have to be removed for storage.

Overall, I like the workbench and use it all the time. It turned out to be a great addition to my shop.

To download the plans,which cost about $8.00 ,log on to Woodmagazine.com. click woodworking plans. workshop projects,Tablesaws.

Hope this helps

Comment

I used the Wood Magazine plan as a guide to building my outfeed table. I chose to use a torsion box top, and modified the wheel system slightly. It's rock solid and is a great addition to my shop.
            Attached Files

Comment

chucker...nice job on the outfeed table. would you post a few more pics on the caster set up. if you have the ability, a video would be great. thanks.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

It appears that Chuckers table is setup similar to "Norms" assembly table. You lift each end of the table and the casters fall into place. Lift the end and pull the rope to raise casters and set table into fixed position.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

I am 95 percent sure that this is what i am going to build. Using a 1 car garage as a shop having something that serves to purposes is a must.

I am planning on using recycled bowling lane as the top. I wouldn't think you could get much sturdier than 2 1/4 inch maple.

Comment

Another great bench top is a solid wood door. You could find a local door and window store and take a used one off their hand generally for free. I replaced my front door some years back and have been using the old door as a bench, and a dang solid one at that, for the lat 7 years or so.

Comment

Working...
                    X