Ridgid Band Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Band Saw

Why doesn't Home Depot carry the longer blade for the saw with the 6" riser? And why can't I find the proper blade on the Ridgid website? And when is Ridgid going to come out with the sealed motor they told me they would come out with almost a year ago?

The blades that are carried by Home Depot will vary from store to store. I have seen several stores that do have 105" blades. The RIDGID blades are supplied by Vermont American, so if you can find a VA brand, it will be the same blade. Also check local woodworking supply stores for other brands such as Olsen and Timberwolf blades. They will have 105" blades available.

The TEFC motor will start shipping with the bandsaw in Decemeber. Other priorites delayed that changeover in engineering.

Jake

Comment

Thank You so much for the information.

Comment

Will this new motor be available as an upgrade for the existing BS1400? Will it have increased HP? Not that I don't like mine just fine, but I probably wouldn't consider an upgrade unless it involved more power.

Pete
        Go Scorps!
        \"Last year we couldn\'t win at home.<BR>This year we can\'t win on the road.<BR>My failure as a coach is that I <BR>can\'t think of anyplace else to play.\"<BR> - Coach Harry Neale, Canucks

Comment

The motor is still a 3/4 hp and yes that motor will be available to those of you who would like to upgrade.

Comment

Working...
          X