X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Router R29302

I currently use a Porter 2hp Router and I use it a lot. I am looking at purchasing a backup in case my Porter ever went out. I was looking at the Ridgid R29302 combo Kit. I have never used the Ridgid Router and like my Porter and really have no reason to switch brands. However I do like my other Ridgid tools so I thought I might give it a try.

What do you guys think about the R29302?

Also would it work with my Porter Router table?

Re: Ridgid Router R29302

Hi Dan,

I have the R29301 and I like it and I use it in my Rockler router table with the P-C 690 mounting plate. (At least that's the model number I remember...hope that's correct!)

One of the baseplate's is configured to use the P-C "standard" guide bearings, and the base takes the P-C edge guide, which I purchased soon after getting the Ridgid.

The Rockler table that I purchased, used the smaller plates at that time (newer tables are using a larger plate) and I had to remove one of the handles from the fixed based in order for it to fit.

(That was a couple of years ago and at the time, someone posted that it shouldn't be necessary to remove a handle, but I've since tried to do so with both handles in place... at on this smaller plate, it simply doesn't fit.)

There's a lot to like about the Ridgid router combo, though I think it's a bit tall, and probably larger in size than your Porter-Cable.

The only thing I don't like about the Ridgid, is it's choice of using Magneseum for the base and motor housing, as opposed to aluminum. The Mg is subject to oxidation in humid conditions and I've had to clean it several times, apply wax or WD-40 in an effort to protect the motor housing.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
    X