Ts3660

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ts3660

I have a TS3660 that I bought a couple years ago.I only used it a few times & I need to sell it. Does anyone know where I can go on this site to post a "For Sale" on it?
    Thanks FC

Re: Ts3660

Welcome to the forum!

A small piece of advice if I may - A smiling face might be a better bet than a sad one if you're trying to sell your table saw.

I don't think there are any sales options on the forum, but there's been people recently asking where they could buy a TS3650/60. You might try a search, and look through the most recent posts for 3650 or 3660.

A small point, but the TS3660 was not sold for very long, and is all but identical to the 3650, so most posts say 3650, even if they are relevant to, or even mean, 3660.

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate that

Comment

Having a for sale or swap section on the forum has been brought up a number of times over the years, and it has been struck down again and again.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10761

It's not that anyone here is hard against members posting their personal items for sale, it's that it would be too difficult to police and would get out of hand within days. It would end up destroying the whole forum.

As was brought up in the thread above from 2007, most tools are heavy and shipping would negate much of the savings. A site such as Craig's List or eBay where you can list items for sale in a particular region is probably a better bet.

I think the frown emoticon was because he is sad to have to part with his saw, not because he is dissatisfied with it. If that's the case I am sorry you need to sell it off for some cash. But know this, the 3650/3660 saw was one of the best contractor style saws made, you should be able to get a decent price for it. I wouldn't let mine go for less than $250 if it was still all stock, and the way it sits I would want more.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Craigslist, Ebay, any of the popular wwing forums that offer free classifieds....Woodmagazine.com, Woodnet.net, Lumberjocks.com, Woodworkingtalk.com, etc. Good pics, good description, and the right price should move that saw quickly.

Comment

over the past few months, i've sold several tools i didn't need. i've found that craigs list invariably provided the best results for getting to interested buyers quickly and inexpensively. and i've also found that CL buyers are less informed than buyers on forums like this, so,comparatively speaking, they usually don't drive quite as hard a bargain.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I want to thank everyone for their input. Yes, I do hate to part with my saw, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
              Thanks everyone!

Comment

Who would have guessed 5 years ago when I bought my 3650 that I would own a classic so soon? Is the 3650 the '57 Chevy of table saws?

Bill

Comment

I own a 3660, and think it is a great saw.

If the folks at Ridgid had good sense, they would reintroduce the saw with a riving knife. (Maybe the 3670?)

I bet it would be a big hit.
                  "non illegitimis carborundum"

Comment

That recent jury award for what was it $1.5M has everyone running scared. That Gass chap (SawStop inventor) and the fools who don't know when to keep the guards on their saws have ruined the WWing industry for everyone. Before long you won't be able to buy a TS if it doesn't have some safety feature similar to SawStop or PTI's version which drops the blade into the cabinet in a couple milliseconds. Either way you will be paying a LOT more for a saw, even for what today is a relatively inexpensive portable tabletop saw like the 2400. Since Ryobi(OWT) is the one that got hit with the suit, I think that played big on stopping production of the 4511 and from introducing a new saw. They're gonna wait and see how this all shakes out before the stick their big toe back in the water I think. Someone else is going first I'll bet.

Once bitten...

This is the kind of verdict that could be used to set precedent for holding gun makers liable for people killed with their guns even though they have no control over the firearm once it leaves their factory. How is a tablesaw misused by the owner by his own admission fully understanding the purpose of the guard that much different from some foll who leaves a gun laying around the house and the neighbors kids gets a hold of it and shoots some one? I'm not trying to make the case I am saying the anti-gun crowd WILL. Think about it, where does MASS sit on the gun control issue? Because those are the same people who laid down this award of $1.5M to the stooge who couldn't use the guard and then blames OWT for not including finger-saving technology in their saw, which would have priced the saw right out of his range probably anyway but that is beside the point.
                    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
                    X