X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4512 (successor of the R4511)

I hope this information is useful to people interested in the R4511 table saw. After hearing conflicting reports about the availability of the R4511, I decided to do a little bit of research. None of the Home Depots in the region had any in stock, and so I called the HD corporate office and learned that none were on order either (at least for my region). The HD rep couldn't verify that the R4511 was being discontinued, but suggested that that might be the case.

Then I called Ridgid and the representative confirmed that the R4511 was discontinued (thus not making a comeback, which some have claimed). Instead, it will be replaced by the R4512 which, according to the person at Ridgid, is exactly the same as the R4511, except cast iron in place of the granite top. The saw should ship in mid August and be available for purchase in September 2010. As of today, there was no MSRP in the database, but I imagine it would be similar in price to the R4511. At least there's some hope for those who, like me, missed out on the R4511 while it was in production. Of course, if you're mostly interested in the granite top, then this probably isn't great new.

--Brandon

Re: R4512 (successor of the R4511)

I wonder, was that the same Ridgid Rep. who also said that they were coming out with a new Bandsaw and discontinuing the Jointer? I'll believe it when I either see it in writing under a Corporate Letterhead. Far too many false alarms from Ridgid CS Reps., when it comes to announcements of new product, for me to take them seriously.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

If true this could be interesting, since if the granite top of existing R4511s are replaced under warrenty it could be replaced by a cast version.

That said, I don't have much faith in Orion continuing to manufacture table saws for Sears, GI and Ridgid. The withdrawl of Steel City as a stand alone brand is very close to a foregone conclusion, meaning they will only exist as an OEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Natausch View Post
        ...The withdrawl of Steel City as a stand alone brand is very close to a foregone conclusion, meaning they will only exist as an OEM.
        Interesting...I just spotted a magazine ad for some new Steel City table saws a couple of days ago. One looked like a 3/4 cabinet version of their hybrid, which is new to the Steel City models.

Comment

I'll believe it when it's in the store. I enjoy my R4511 and think it is a great saw.

Red
          Red

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
            Interesting...I just spotted a magazine ad for some new Steel City table saws a couple of days ago. One looked like a 3/4 cabinet version of their hybrid, which is new to the Steel City models.
            Wow, interesting 35990 and 35990G, not sure it's an actual hybrid, lists as a contractor. The picture in their sales flyer looks like a left tilt without the dust shroud on the right.

Same stock fence as the R4511, but that does mean there will be cast iron tops available that will likely fit onto a 4511.

The submission to IFW says first saw that is seamless table and extension. Product flyer and pricing available at Steel City's website.

I stand corrected, though from the looks it is a reboot of the Delta 36 series, contractor and not hybrid. I wouldn't be surprised if this saw doesn't show up in Home Depot.

Comment

Working...
            X