Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll Saw

Jake,

Can you tell me what features to look for in a scroll saw? I am a novice woodworker and I envision starting out by making some basic christmas ornaments and stuff like that for the family this season. I do however want to branch out into some more complex work eventually. Are there different models by ridgid? What features are a must have? I've seen Delta's that go for about $120 and then Dewalts for $400+ What makes the price range so different?

Sorry about the barrage of questions. Just trying to sort it all out.

You may want to check out this site for information on scroll saws.
    www.scrollsaws.com

This guy seems to be quite involve with them.

I have read that Ridgid is the only tool free scroll saw around. Although I like Ridgid tools I ended up with a recondition Delta for $90 (model 40-540) only because I do no know how much I will be using a scroll saw. It seems to me that the scroll saw end of the wood working hobby can be in a class by itself.

I would suggest if you want to get into the scroll saw hobby, research the saws and do not buy some cheapo saw just for its price.

A good saw with tooless blade changes, variable speed, tilt table(left & right), heavy base to help with the vibration,type of arm, etc. should all be considered.

Good Luck.....Scott

Comment

Working...
    X