X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to have a job again!

I've been working for a while and finally seem to be getting a little ahead. So of course....I just bought me some new tools!! I got the 5-tool Ridgid Combo kit with Recip saw, circular saw, hammer drill, impact driver, light, charger, 2 18-volt Li-Ion batts and a bag! I also picked up the Ridgid Radio. I no longer have any Dewalt in the shop, so the Dewalt radio has no purpose. Out with yellow and IN WITH ORANGE!!!

So far, I'm right impressed with the tools. I've done some cuts with the circ saw and it's very nice. I love that the blade wrench stores right on the saw. Very nicely designed imo. The saw seems to have power to spare. I cut some 1/2" particle board table top and it went through it like nothing was there. The light is pretty cool. Actually, cool is definitely what it is. It's a compact fluorescent in a nice sturdy enclosure. It stays pretty cool compared to other lights. Puts out a good amount of light. I don't recommend trying to hang it from the little hookey-like thing. It sits very nicely on just about any flat surface.

I haven't really tried any of the other tools yet. I'll keep you updated as I put them through their paces in various projects.

Oh and the radio is kinda cool. It's nice that I can plug in the iPod and let it rock. Since the ONLY radio station I get in the shop is the local country station. I like country music, but that station basically plays the same song over and over...a very limited number of songs they play. After a while it's nice to play something else. Plus, at least I can run it on the 18volt batteries!!
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Re: Good to have a job again!

Congrats on the job!

I have a white radio in the shop, I feel an orange one coming on....

Comment

Glad you working again,

I need a new radio, the old one I have had since 1976, some how got dropped off the fork lift man lift about 20 feet up a few weeks ago, and it did not survive, it need an up grade since it was only AM, but it sure would pull in the stations far and near, the new radios I have seen are mostly junk unless the transmitter tower is in eye sight,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

What happened with the Dewalt stuff? Did you not like it?

Comment

Originally posted by budedm View Post
          What happened with the Dewalt stuff? Did you not like it?
          I've had Dewalt cordless tools for at least 20 years. This last one was the 12v driver. The batteries last for around 5 years or so, then they quit working. Replacement batteries are expensive! I got the Ridgid for the LSA. Now I have a set of tools I know I can rely on for years to come.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
          X