X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dust Collector

What about using a large chp collector before the DC?

Comment

if i understand your question correctly, he has one in the first photo. that's the black lid on the metal trash can with the leads to the tools and to the wall mounted DC.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Yes, that's correct, the metal trash can is before the DC and collects the vast majority of stuff before it gets to the DC.

Comment

Speaking of chip separators, why doesn't anyone make one with a 6" input and output? Most DC's have a 6" inlet and it would be nice to put a chip separator right before the DC to catch chips from all machines.

Comment

I just might do that. Thanks for the link.

Comment

woodchuck...that's a great application. the separator beneath the motor has a thein baffle? did you take pics during the build. any info, such as a link to a post in another forum covering the details of the DC, would be most appreciated. i've been trying to do something like that for my ap400 for a while, but limited space is a big issue. thanks.

Comment

Woodchuck...you are a seriously good metal fabricator. your DC and separator look great! do they perform as good as they look?

Comment

Working...
                X