X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4512 Successor to the 4511 Announced

No, the 4512 is an entirely different design.

Lee Styron makes a riving knife for the R4511:
    http://www.leestyron.com/sharksplitter.php (listed under the Tallest Splitter/Riving Knife)

Comment

Originally posted by vincealvarez View Post
      Any thoughts on where to get a riving knife system for the 4511. Will the 4512 one work (fit) on the 4511.
      Thanks,
      Vince
      I made my own if you're talking about a "shorty knife".

Check out this thread.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31197

Comment

I was just in a Home Depot yesterday and they have 4512 on a order only basis.
        From the display they have a picture and tell you to go to Home Depot website to order the machine with free shipping. No price is listed.

I'm no super searcher but a I tried to do a few searches on the HomeDepot.com website and I couldn't find the saw listed anywhere.

Someone asked why they changed from the 4511 to 4512. The people I believe said because they couldn't sell 4511's. I don't know if it was economy, price, other options or what but they could not sell the things.

Personally I still wonder about the granite top and I would be very very leery of buying one. Might be the greatest thing since sliced bread but granite is granite a natural stone and stones often crack, chip or break up for no real apparent reason.
        Rev Ed

Comment

My understanding was not that they couldn't sell the 4511, but that the 4511 weighed so much that it was difficult to handle within Home Depot and therefore there were above average numbers that were damaged in shipping and storage.

I think that would prove out, in the number of posts about damage such as chipped and cracked table tops, and other components.

In a conversation with one of the field reps, he alluded to above average damage claims by the store and customers. One of the problems was that because of the weight, these were neve supposed to be stacked more than two up, yet they were often found stacked three and four high and as such, the weight would simply crush the lower cartons, in spite of the metal framework that TTI shipped these in.

Too bad, whatever the reason, as I think there were quit a few positive comments.

CWS

Comment

Has anyone heard what price the new saw is going to be sold at?

Comment

Just called Ridgid. The person at power tools said that her system has no information on the 4512 release date. she couldn;t give me any information. In fact she said to simply keep an eye out at home depot store, although she added that not all stores will be getting them. What a crazy way to deal with your customer. When anyone sees the new saw, please comment on price and location. i want one bad!!!

Comment

Great forum by the way!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

If you'll take note of the first page of this thread, the first post shows a picture of the "4512" and the last post on that page has a picture of the "Craftsman" equivalent.

So, if you want to see the "4512" now, just go visit your local Sears store.

As far as purchase is concerned though (if you like this model), I'd certainly wait for the Ridgid model. I suspect, given past history, that the Ridgid will be in the same price range as the Craftsman, if not slightly cheaper. More importantly (to me anyway), is the warranty advantage and eligibility for the LLSA that Ridgid offers.

While Ridgid has a 3-year warranty, Sears offers only a 1-year warranty. I don't know why Sears/Craftsman hasn't updated it's power tool warranty to be competitive in today's market, but a 1-year warranty is probably one of the worst in the industry and one which hardly compares to Craftsman's lifetime warranty on its manual tool line.

Ridgid of course also has the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement, which is available with proper registration. Sears' Craftsman power tools have nothing like that... which is why I'd wait for the Ridgid 4512, whenever it arrives at your local store.

CWS

Comment

i saw this today in my local HD. coupled with free shipping for items over $249 (at least that's what the rest of the price tag in the tool area said), and perhaps a HF 20% coupon, one might possibly have this saw for $366 delivered. if that's possible, and the saw isn't a total POS, could this be a bargain?
                    Attached Files
                    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

So does this mean you were able to order one? should i rush to my local home depot and try to get hold of one? It looked like this picture was from a catalog. so weird, i called ridgid yesterday and they said that the product wasn;t available yet. Any info would be great. i will definitely wait for this saw over craftsman as i hear that the angle of the blade resets when ever you move the blade up and down. well, that would pretty much ruin any project i was working on! plus i agree about the warranty, ridgid is so much better. i just wish the would keep us loyal customers better informed. it doesn;t seem much to ask.

Comment

the pic i posted is from the position in my local HD where the staionary power tools are pictured. it is not from a catalog. i have not tried to order one as i already have a TS which is, at present, completely satisfactory. as many here know, HD, in most cases, no longer displays TSs. there are only pictures and price tags such as the one i posted. if you really want one, take the SKU (that's the 6 digit code that identifies the product within the retailer's system [in this case, 155-225]) to your local hd and verify it's in their system. if it is, ordering one should be fairly simple.

Comment

So... i went to my local HD and asked them about the 4512 with the sku code. they found it and it was on their system. They checked all the stores in Northern California but there were no items available. So, he said the only way to order it was by special order. This costs $100 ontop of the $520 price tag that was on his system. My guess is that they haven;t launched the saw yet but have put it up on their system first. i will wait until they have a few in the stores. if anyone hears/ sees any, let us all know and put us out of our misery. Cheers Rob

Comment

Hmmm !

any body interested in buying a used, "but in excellent condition", TS 3660.

Id sell it just so I could buy one of these new babys

(I dont have room for two table saws)

Comment

just by way of a brief update: according to the tool area manager @ my local HD, where the previously posted price tag still appears, there are four 4512s on order for that store and they should be available next week. i'll be checking back to see if they ever do show up.

Comment

Thanks Finner, any news would be great. i just want to give them my money! Wish i had a business where i had customers like us!

Comment

Working...
                                X