Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi is the TS3612 a good saw and what do you think they are worth? Thanks

Re: 3612

I have one of those so I'm obviously a little biased but IMO the 3612 was the best of the bunch of all the contractor style saws Ridgid ever offered. All of the little kinks that the earlier models had were ironed out by the time the 3612 was released. It also was the last saw offered by Ridge Tool/Emerson, "Built In USA", before production of later models, 3650 and 3660, was passed on to OWT/TTI, "Made In China".

Production of the 3612 was stopped sometime in early 2003 and at that time the retail price was around $500 IIRC. Depending on the condition of this saw I would say that a price of anywhere between $175 and $250 would be a good starting point.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

+1 on BDs comments. i have a 2412, a downscale version of the 3612, and i love it. i've purhcased and sold a few 3650/60s and even 4511, all of which i could have kept and sold the 2412. however, those old gray ridgids, like the 3612, are guaranteed for life and i just feel their construction conformed to a somewhat stricter set of criteria. if you can get one and it's in fairly descent shape, it will serve you well for a long time. BTW, the lifetime guaranty of the gray tools attached to the tool, not the owner. so owners susequent to the original owner benefit from the lifetime guaranty.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Depending on condition and extras, the $250 mark seems reasonable.

Comment

Working...
        X