X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really not a tratior.............

Well, I did what most ignorant beginners probably do and that is to jump in and spend good money on third-rate tools trying to “get started”. I bought a 10” direct drive Sears TS and am suffering for it. However, I have learned and am now looking at getting a TS that will actually perform. I love the TS2424 a friend of mine has and would have no regrets buying one.

After being stupid the first time, I figured I should get a TS that I will never out grow and am considering a Grizzly G1023S110 cabinet saw. It is a little pricier, but close enough to look at. I like the solid cast iron wings, extra weight, multiple belt drive system and the long accessory fence rails available.

Since joining this forum, I have witnessed your passion for the TS2424 and am wondering if I would be wasting my money again going for the cabinet saw.

What do you all think?
    Every project I start is a gamble.

Hello OklahomaRanger,
    I too was debating purchasing a cabinet saw or the ts2424. The biggest deciding factors for me were the ease of moving the saw and the warranty. I haven't had the saw long (4 days) but I couldn't be more pleased with my decision. The Herc-U-Lift works beautifully and from what I have seen here on the forum Ridgid absolutely stands behind their warranty. I know the ts2424 will wipe the floor with any direct drive saw and compete very comparably with many cabinet saws. I think it will more than satisfy you woodworking needs. Hope this helps.
    Gregg

Comment

Working...
    X