No announcement yet.

rigid jointer

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigid jointer

I have a rigid jointer I purchased a couple of years ago and for a while it worked great. However, recently, when I joint a board, the machine does not seem to help. It appears to take more material from the leading edge of the board than the remainder. I have tried to make sure the outfeed table is level with the knives and the try to keep the board flush to the fence. However, no success. What's up?

Outfeed table level with knives, is too high. Dave's patented "two easy steps to jointer nirvana", granted to you for use, royalty free...

1) Lower outfeed table until a noticable snipe is taken on the trailing edge.
    2) Raise table in very small increments until the snipe just disappears. Then lock.

Just that simple.

A quicker and easier way is to edge joint only the first few inches of a board,then shut the machine OFF. Keep those first few inches hanging over the outfeed, and slowly raise the outfeed until it contacts the first few inches that you jointed. Also, I use a feeler gauge to make sure the board is flat on the outfeed (.0015). Run the board through all the way,and keep messin' with it 'til ya get it!