X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dado help..........

Just to let everyone know I was a dado virgin until last night,when I did my first cut I got Goose bumps. Here is a question I need to ask. I understand how to put the blades on after trial and error, does it matter how the blades or shall I say the inside chippers stack? I placed them in this order. </font>
    • outside cutter
      inside chipper
      inside chipper
      outside cutter</font>
    All stacked for a 1/2 cut. I placed the chippers 90 degrees from eachother
    is this correct? Is there any help on using dado blades ?
    Thanks
    GB Enterprises
    Doing it right the first time!!

Aside from making sure the chippers face "into" the cut, the only other thing is ensuring none of the teeth touch each other. Most people kind of evenly distribute the chippers for a slightly gentler cut.

The outer blades do have a left and right cutter.

Dave

Comment

I highly recommend the use of a zero clearance insert, especially with plywood.

Best regards,

Henry

Comment

I found that if the chippers are not evenly spaced, or balanced, it threw the belt off my TS2424 on start up almost every time. I use the heavy Freud stack. Some stacks I've seen are lighter, and may not make that kind of difference.
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Henry
          Couple of Questions
          Why wood I need to use the zero clearance insert? Does it chip,splinter the wood? I guess reading the help in the fourms, I wood think that zero clearance inserts should be used on projects that use very expensive wood and or projects that one wood want to look nice.
          [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Thanks
          GB Enterprises

Comment

A zero clearance insert (zci) will minimize chip out and give you a much cleaner cut. When I first used one, I was amazed at the difference in quality. It really increased the value of my table saw. I want all my projects to look "nice" so I use the zci always. Obviously not necessary for rough carpentry projects.

I have also read that a zci makes a table saw safer. I am not sure why other than things will not fall through and jam or get kicked out. Probably some other reasons as well.

Best regards,

Henry

Comment

Henry
              Thanks for that informationI have a better understanding about ZCI.............. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              Thanks
              GB Enterprises

Comment

Working...
              X