R4511 with Delta T2 Fence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R4511 with Delta T2 Fence

tomapple, you are right i had the same problem also but, my fix was when i clamped the two angle irons together i moved the hole location a bit higher so that droped the tube down enought that the miter slots did not hit at all.

Comment

Got my T2 fence today.

Unpacked the box and everything looks okay.

As both Mr. D and ayalman noted, two holes on the front rail look like they line up pretty close, but given the weight of the rail and tube I'm going to be drilling a few holes.

Like ayalaman it would be nice if I can get the holes drilled so that the tape on the tube matches. If not I'll have to take the tape off and put a new one down.

I like the feel of the new fence already, so am looking forward to getting it installed.

Comment

Great post, thanks. I have this saw and am planning on upgrading to this delta fence.

Comment

Those folks with the T2 fence take a ruler or scale and measure it against the tape! I had a saw with the T2 before I bought the 4512 and the the indicator tape itself was incrementally out of measurement. I couldnt figure out why after I squared up and zeroed everything it was off. Out of habit I would set the fence before a cut and use a tape measure or a flex scale. I found out that the error increased from the 3 inch mark all the way to 32". This wasnt a problem for me because at work I use a flex scale to measure with the table saw there, but when I want to cut something at 5", its on. The T2 was not. When I sold the saw I made sure the new owner was aware of it.

Comment

GarageJunkie,
            My T-2 came with a tape but I had to peel it off, since I was mounting in a different position for the R4511. I had to make a new zero point and installed a Starrett tape measure and it has worked fine.

Comment

Nice tips.

Comment

Working...
              X