X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2410LS arbor with stacked dado

Realize this is a somewhat older model, though I bought it from Home Depot only a year or so ago.

Looking in the manual, pg 34 re: 'making a dado cut', the instructions reference Fig. 47 on the next page and describe removing the nut, outer washer, blade and the 'inner washer and spacer'. Fig 47 has a pointer to the inner washer. It looks like this 'inner washer' is part of the arbor assembly on my saw. I can budge it and it looks to be one part, slotted on the motor side for the flat side of the supplied wrench for removing/tightening the blade.

Does anyone know if the manual is incorrect? As it stands, I can only use a 1/2" stack dado and still allow the outer washer and nut to be threaded onto the arbor.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks..!

Re: TS2410LS arbor with stacked dado

I don't have that particular saw but I think the manual is incorrect. The inner washer on my 3612 is indeed a part of the arbor and not removable.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Removed - I was wrong
      Last edited by Roadster280; 08-04-2010, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Just saw Dave's reply - I was wrong, the 2410 is a portable saw, no? I had been giving advice about the stationary saw, which I believe to be quite different.
        Last edited by Roadster280; 08-04-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

yes, it is the portable saw, with the folding stand (nice in my small shop). The Repair/parts manual does not list an inner washer or spacer, but the manual clearly does, and says you can use a stack dado up to 13/16ths. I wouldn't be able to get the nut on there, let alone the outer washer, with a 13/16th stack on there. It also says not to use an 'adjustable dado'. I'd not like to be restricted to a 1/2" stack. I reviewed the manual before buying the saw and looked like it would serve my purposes; it does well other than this problem.

Comment

Since it looks like the manual is wrong....

This may be a dumb question , but would it be safe to run the stack dado without the outer washer? I could then stack 3/4", and have the nut completely on. Would avoid having to make 2 passes, but I'd rather not if it would be ill advised.

Comment

It's a common practice to not use the outside washer when making wide dado cuts. As long as you can fully thread the arbor nut on you should be good to go. BTW, I'm betting that the saw will do a 13/16" dado as the manual states, every other Ridgid saw does.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yes, as Dave said, it is OK to run a dado stack on the 2410LS without the outer washer (have done it many times on mine).

Comment

Thanks much for confirming it's OK to do. I figure it's better to ask those with more experience than dodging a flying piece of machinery .

Just made up a zero clearance insert for the 1/2", now to make a few more including one for a 3/4" dado.

thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by sailorman View Post
                    I figure it's better to ask those with more experience than dodging a flying piece of machinery .
                    Trust me, you won't have time to dodge the shrapnel

That being said, I have the same saw and have used a stacked dado
                    without the outer washer and with no problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X