Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4511 Frozen Arbor

Greetings,
    Well, this is where we come when we have a problem right? Tonight, I went out to cut some MDF on my table saw, and flipped the switch, and the breaker flips. Totally clean out the cabinet, looked for any obstructions, found none. Tried it again, and no go. Removed the belt, and the motor turned on fine. Then I checked the arbor, and it barely turns. It is very, very stiff. My 4511 is fairly new, the built code is CD0918, so it doesn't qualify under the recall.

Obviously its the bearings. Is this a replacement job I can do myself?

Thanks for any input.

-Matt

Re: 4511 Frozen Arbor

Matt,
    For me this is when I would use my warranty repair center.

I had a problem in the spring with my height gear slipping.

I located a Ridgid repair center, called them and they had me bring it in and they had it back within a week, and replaced all the parts, lubed, etc. that might be affected.

I took the top off, so that I just had to haul the cab in. A pain, but your top will have to come off as well, so why not let the repair guys handle it?

Comment

I'd agree with Cato. Best to leave it to the repair center and not risk any warranty issues. I actually just dropped my saw off at a center yesterday due to a vibration issue. I called ridgid and they encouraged me to take it in. So far, the service has been great.

I also took off the top, motor cover, etc... made it FAR easier to load up and the shop even thanked me for leaving that part of the beast at home.

Comment

How long do you have after purchase to register for the warrenty?

I forgot about it right after I purchased, but, saved all my paperwork.

Thanks

Comment

90 days to register the lifetime service agreement... I don't believe registration is necessary for the 3 year warranty. I figured this all out on day 87 personally .... I registered online and express mailed all my supporting documentation.

Comment

So If something happens to my R4511 I have to take it to a service center. as heavy as that thing is they should come to me.

Comment

Working...
            X