TS3610 Problem aligning the blade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3610 Problem aligning the blade

I have replaced the arbor on the saw, since I couldn't get good cuts with a dado blade. At the same time replaced the rollers and got them back from the machine shop with a very tight fit.
    After installing all that back I noticed that I can make the blade completely parallel to the slot to the left without the motor belt attached, but once that gets attached I don't have enough adjustment to align the blade, i am talking about 20/1000 in off... any suggestions?

Re: TS3610 Problem aligning the blade

Your post makes no sense to me:

TS3650 or TS3660? Don't recall a TS3610 but may be mistaken.

20 thousands (0.020") is way too much. However, what "rollers" are you talking about?

If you are talking about the pulleys, they need to be aligned.

Be aware there are 6 bolts that lock down the trunnion assembly. If all 6 are tight, the motor attached or not should have no effect on the blade alignment. If it does, you do not have the bearings seated properly. The bearings should seat tightly in the bearing caps.

Go
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Likely a TS3612...last of the US made Emerson saws. You may have to shift the front and the back to get it aligned. You might find that a $20 device called "PALS" might help align it and hold it better

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
        Likely a TS3612...last of the US made Emerson saws. You may have to shift the front and the back to get it aligned. You might find that a $20 device called "PALS" might help align it and hold it better
        Scott, the 3612 actually comes with a feature that is similar to the PALS system. The adjustment lever, at the back of the saw, can be adjusted to increase the adjustment capacity. Just loosen the screw that secures the lever, move the lever over in the desired direction and tighten the screw back up.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
        X