X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions for clamp storage please

I have them on a 2 X 2 now on a wall. You already know they won't stay on. Space is somewhat limited. Thanks for any help.

I use a method similiar to yours except that I use a 1x4 mounted to the wall with a 2x4 glued and screwed to the 1x4 at a right angle. The added depth that you get from the 2x4 is sufficient enough to keep the clamps from falling off.

[ 08-06-2005, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: BadgerDave ]
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I too have limited space, so I went with the NYW clamp rack. It's mobile and holds a lot of stuff.

Michael

Comment

Thanks. Some good ideas.

Comment

I'm 6'1" and use one of the rafters in my garage/shop for clamp storage. Overhead and out of the way and no loss of space
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I drilled a 5/8" hole through 3 of my studs in the garage, ran a piece or conduit through them and hang the clamps on the conduit. Works good last long time
            \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

My rafters are 10' in the garage. But a great idea.

Comment

Here's a couple of pics of one I made from some scraps. The bungie cord is not really needed, but since I had it available, I used it just to make sure none of the clamps fell. I considered making one similar to the one Norm made but didn't have room for one that big. Mine is about 20" X 30" and holds my clamps, glue, glue brushes, glue spreaders and a couple of squares.

Bob R

Comment

Working...
                X