X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wood doors binding on hinges

hey Guys. I was hoping someone could let me in on the secret of what I should do about 2 wood doors I installed that are now binding and wont shut properly. they are 7 feet tall X 36" wide solid core commercial office doors. I routered the hinges out on a total of 4 of these doors. 2 work fine and 2 are binding. they are installed on a metal frame. the hinges I routed are flushed out so that doesnt seen to be the problem. it looks like the metal jambs are squared off properly also. any ideas whats up? Glenn

Re: wood doors binding on hinges

Loosen the screws on either the door or the jamb and slip a piece of shoe box cardboard in between the hinge and the door (or jamb) and tighten. Only slip the cardboard in as far as the first screws. If that doesn't do it, double the cardboard.

Comment

thanks, I will try that. Glenn

Comment

one picture is worth a thousand words. normally if the buck is square and you run into resistance before the door closes it means you routed the hinges too close to the face of the door.

Comment

There should be long screws to catch the framing of the doors, on the top inside holes. do You know that they are holding? Just a thought
          Saved: and so greatful, consider who created it ALL

Comment

Working...
          X