X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2410LS hookup to dust collection

Just completing a dust collection system in my small shop. Last thing to hook up is my TS2410 contractor saw. I closed in the underside of the saw by removing it from the folding stand, attaching a sheet of plywood with a hole cut out to fit a Rockler dust hood. The saw comes with a fitting for a 2 1/2" hose attached to the blade area, with a plastic blade cover that fits over the blade below the table, to isolate the area around the blade. I have a Rockler dual port attachment with both a 4" and 2 1/2" hose attachment, but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble of hooking up that 2 1/2" hose. I'm considering just blocking that off, removing the plastic blade cover inside the saw, and just hooking up the 4" hose to the dust port. It's going to be a PITA to rig it so both hoses can be used, and still fold up the saw when not in use.

Any guidance on this would be appreciated.
    Last edited by sailorman; 08-16-2010, 09:20 PM.

Re: TS2410LS hookup to dust collection

show some pictures. I want to do the same with mine ts2412

Comment

Re: TS2410LS hookup to dust collection

Here ya go.

I mounted a Rocker dual port router fitting on a 1x4 between the stand handles. The bottom of the saw was enclosed with a piece of 1/4" plywood, with a cutout for a Rockler tabletop dust fitting. Mounted in the right place, it just clears the stand when folded. I have a Rocker dust-right hose and handle which slips on the dust port when needed. Works well, and still lets me fold up the saw to conserve space.

Rocker part #'s below

20225 Dust Right Router Table Dual Port
      26412 Tabletop Dust Fitting

Hope this is helpful.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X