Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DP 1550 Pully Alignment

Hi all,

I just purchased a DP1550 and seem to be having trouble aligning the pullies. The Idlerpully is taller than the spindle pully and the motor pully. I know I can correct the motor pullies height by adjusting the motor up or down but I'm not sure if the spindle pully can be adjusted.

Has anyone else had similar problems? If so how did you solve them.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

This is the first time I have heard of the idler pully being taller. Several posts indicated that it was lower, and solved by shimming with washers, or calling Ridgid Costomer Service for a replacement, which I suggest you do.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Ryan,
      My 1550 had the same problem. The assy instruction tell you to make sure all three pulleys are in alignment and when I checked I found the idler to be a little high, maybe 1/16th maximum.

For what its worth I did nothing. The small change over the center to center distance of the pulleys has little to no effect. The belts do not rub on the pulley and it has run fine since Dec/02 at all speeds.
      Let me see... 1, 2, 3, 4.... Uh Oh.

Comment

Working...
      X