X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any thoughts

on on aftermarket miter gauge for a rigid ts2424?
    Andy B.

Re: any thoughts

Depending on how fancy you want to get or how much money you want to spend, any one of these will serve you well;

Incra 1000SE

Incra V120

Incra V27
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Been using the Incra 1000SE for about 3 yrs. A little pricey, but very
      precise. Really like the expansion discs on the side of the bar that
      eliminate any side play in the slot.

Comment

I've been using an Icra 1000SE with my TS 2424 for about 5 years now. It is consistent, accurate and precise. I can easily set fractional angles with it. It is always accurate when I swing back to 90 degrees. The stop system works well. It is fairly easy to make adjustments. Pretty easy to add a backer board - seems like I had to run to the hardware store to get a few bolts and square nuts. It seems to be durable (but I haven't dropped it yet). I never use the rule to set cut length, so can't speak to that element. I've been pleased with it and recommend it.

Comment

get either of the two lesser miter gauges linked by BD. they will do whatever you need to do. i have a 1000se and don't really like it that much. it's overly complicated and a lot of the adjustments aren't immediately intuiutive. save your money for other improvements to your saw. BTW, i use the 1000se on a 2412, very similar to your 2424.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I've used an Osborne 3 for about 5 years and have nothing but good to say about it. I recommend that you go to a wood working store like Woodcraft where you can get your hands on several models and choose the one you like the best based on feel, simplicity and price.

Blind Bill

Comment

Originally posted by blind bill View Post
              I've used an Osborne 3 for about 5 years and have nothing but good to say about it.
              Blind Bill
              I agree 100%. Very good miter gauge for the money.

Red
              Red

Comment

Working...
              X