X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC9950 Herc-u-lift plus

New to the forum and hope you might help. I've been unsuccessful in locating the AC9950 herculift plus and the AC9910 tool stand. HD says they can't get it and Ridgid parts says go to HD. Any ideas or does anyone have either I can purchase? Thanks for the help and time, Phil

Re: AC9950 Herc-u-lift plus

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum!

You are asking about a much asked for item... the AC9950 Herc-U-Lift Plus is probably one of the best heavy tool mobility products. However, as you have discovered, it is simply NOT available.

Back around 2003 through maybe 2004 it was stocked by Home Depot. Then it was clearanced, only to surface again a year or so later. But as with many Home Depot items, it was never promoted or even easily found/located. So around 2007 or so, it was clearance again and it hasn't shown up since; that I know of anyway.

Oddly during the brief periods that it was "on-the-shelf" it didn't seem to be all that popular... probably because nobody could find it. Once it went into the clearance, the normally $80 item went quickly at the much reduced price. In my local HD, it was first price reduced to $30 and I bought two. A few weeks later, the price was reduced to $14 and I bought a couple of more. (Sorry, but they are all being used.)

After that, there must have been dozens of inquiries and like yours, there is still the occasional questions about this very nice product. The demand at times has been answered occasionally by someone selling one for higher prices than the original MSRP was and rarely at a "bargain" price.

I really don't know why Ridgid hasn't reestablished this item and/or Home Depot hasn't carried it again. Unfortunately, it appear that Home Depot is the one who calls the shots on what Ridgid products will be made available. Really too bad, that Ridgid doesn't have some alternate outlet for its products, as I personally feel that their not getting a fair marketing/retailing with the likes of Home Depot.

You could of course keep your eye on E-Bay or Craigs List, but I think the 9950 has become a rare item.

Sorry this isn't more helpful,

CWS

Comment

Thanks for the help my friend. Have a safe day and remember to test your smoke alarms. phil

Comment

My first post, and maybe I can help fmphil. Craigslist in Seattle/Tacoma has one that a guy has been trying to sell for a while......
        Richard 425-750-5444

Not me, I am David

Comment

If you pursue that one in WA just make sure that it is a Herc-U-Lift Plus. The regular Herc-U-Lift's that come with the saws are not as adjustable as the Plus is and may not work for what you want it for.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I just double checked, it is a plus.

Comment

Thanks to all of those replying. I left a message for Richard in Seattle. I hope it will work. I really appreciate the help and your time. (And the tip about regular vs. the plus model)

Comment

Hello - I am also looking for a Herc-u-lift plus. If you have any leads on anyone selling one please let me know asap. Thank you... My email is theservias@yahoo.com

Comment

I have an original Herc-U-Lift for sale:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/tls/1928266017.html

Not used on my new TS-3650; I built a custom mobile base instead.

Comment

the h-lift in NJ doesn't appear to be a 9950. it doesn't have the adjustability of the 9950 for leg sets other than the leg sets on the 3650/60.
                    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I am in Atlanta and I have two of the AC9950 new in the box. Anybody need them?

Comment

Originally posted by Wires View Post
                        Just to confirm, the AC9950 is the Herc-U-Lift Plus? I am looking for one for my BS1400 bandsaw.

If so, I will take one. Will you ship it to 98230 Washington? I will pay all shipping costs, etc of course.

If so, my email is cormier33@hotmail.com.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

I should clarify, I live in Vancouver, Canada but I have a US shipping address I use in Washington just on the other side of our border. I use it to save on shipping costs but would not mind it being shipped to my home address if you prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wires View Post
                            I could be interested in the other, and would you allow local pick up? David des38des@yahoo.com

Comment

Four of you have expressed interest in the two lifts that I have. I am responding to each of you in the order of your pm's.

The unit weighs 29.8 pounds in it's original box. I will add additional cardboard so figure 32 pounds from zip code 30004 in Ga just to be safe. I just checked and freight to Washington state is about $35. I really don't want to mess with international freight if I don't have to. I am in the process of sending out pm's now. I will send you a note either way.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X