No announcement yet.

Replacing the hand cranks on the R4511?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing the hand cranks on the R4511?

I dont like the feel of the flimsy non-solid hand cranks on my R4511. Does anybody know if the ones from a steel city saw or the craftsman saw will bolt up and if they are solid units and not stamped like the ridgid ones?

Is there anyplace that sells replacement cranks?

Re: Replacing the hand cranks on the R4511?

Originally posted by ndekens View Post
    I dont like the feel of the flimsy non-solid hand cranks on my R4511. Does anybody know if the ones from a steel city saw or the craftsman saw will bolt up and if they are solid units and not stamped like the ridgid ones?

Is there anyplace that sells replacement cranks?
    Seems to me that I have seen cranks in the Grizzly catalog, but you would need to make sure that you they carry the right diameter to fit the shaft.

Comment

It looks to me like the SC and Cman wheels are the same/similar style...aftermarket wheels might be the answer if you can find some that will fit. You might be able to just replace the handles if that's the part that bothers you.

Comment

What's the model # of the Craftsman shown in that photo?

Looks like it got a 1 piece front rail instead of the 2 piece on the RIDGID.

Assuming the holes in the granite are the same, I'd guess the front rail from the Craftman would be a simple bolt-on to the RIDGID to get a 1 piece front rail.

Has anybody tried this?

Comment

[QUOTE=JayTalbott;309690]What's the model # of the Craftsman shown in that photo?

...QUOTE]

That's the 22116 that replaced the 22124.

Comment

Yes it's been tried and yes it is a direct bolt on. The craftsman saw seems to use the industrial steel city type fence. Don't quit remember what the craftsman saw part number is but it's the only granite saw they sell.

Originally posted by JayTalbott View Post
            What's the model # of the Craftsman shown in that photo?

Looks like it got a 1 piece front rail instead of the 2 piece on the RIDGID.

Assuming the holes in the granite are the same, I'd guess the front rail from the Craftman would be a simple bolt-on to the RIDGID to get a 1 piece front rail.

Has anybody tried this?

Comment

Working...
            X