X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Font

I built a rolling cabinet for my Ridgid edge/spindle sander and I would like to paint "RIDGID" on it. What font matches Ridgid's logo?
    Attached Files

Re: Ridgid Font

Are there any Ridgid stickers available anywhere? Different sizes?

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
      What font matches Ridgid's logo?
      None. It is a graphic element, not a typeface. Nothing even comes close.

Steve
      Steve
      www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Thanks Steve.

I tried ordering the Ridgid sticker that went on the side of their bandsaw as it was about the right size for what I was after but they kept sending me a different sticker then the one I ordered. When I inquired about it they said they sent the proper sticker. I think they redesigned the bandsaw and sent me the new model sticker. I may just find some stencils that are close and go with that.
        Last edited by Abbott; 08-27-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

The pdf versions of the manuals have the RIDGID logo on them.

You can lift the logo out of a manual, and blow it up to whatever size you want with no loss of quality. Simply print out and carefully cut a stencil.

I did exactly this when I painted my HF dust collector orange, and stencilled the bag. It now has a 20" long RIDGID logo on it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly what my wife and I were discussing doing a few minutes ago. Nice job on that bag!

Comment

Thanks! I will warn you, it's a fiddly job.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadster280 View Post

You can lift the logo out of a manual, and blow it up to whatever size you want with no loss of quality. Simply print out and carefully cut a stencil.

I did exactly this when I painted my HF dust collector orange, and stencilled the bag. It now has a 20" long RIDGID logo on it.
                Wow, good work! I don't think I would have the patience to do that clean of a job on it.
                Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Thanks for the compliment!

Like anything else in the shop, a sharp edge and a steady hand works wonders. It really wasn't difficult, just fiddly to make sure the edges were clean for the spray. Truth be told, if you look at it closely, there's some blurred edges where the stencil lifted a little. However, a) you need to be within 12" to see it, and b) the DC is now in a closet, so it wouldn't matter what it looked like at all!

Comment

Thanks John, PM sent.

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadster280 View Post

Why would you go through all of the trouble of putting a logo from one company on a cheap dust bag, that the company did not make?

Comment

I did it in late March as an April fool joke. I posted the photos on April 1 and quite a few people fell for it. Simple things amuse simple minds.

Comment

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
                            Why would you go through all of the trouble of putting a logo from one company on a cheap dust bag, that the company did not make?
                            It's fun

Comment

A shout out to John...NiteWalker...we had a small online transaction through PayPal and he did exactly what he said he would do. As is customary I paid upfront and the items were immediately shipped, arrived in good condition and I am 100% satisfied. Thank you John.

Comment

Working...
                              X