ez smart guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ez smart guide

look on eurekazone.com i found this guide on ebay and i must say , its the best tool i've ever used.
    check it out , i love it. and its great if you dont have much room for a big table saw.

How much do they pay you to sell this thing on the forums. LOL I'll stick with my TS
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

IM JUST A GUY THAT LOVES A GOOD IDEA AND THIS TOOL
      IS THE BEST IDEA IVE SEEN LATELY.IT TOOK ME A FEW WEEKS TO CONVINCE MYSELFE TO BUY IT BUT WHEN IT CAME IN THE MAIL I WAS NOT SORRY. I AM TRIMMIMG OUT MY HOUSE WITH EASTERN RED CEDAR AND I GET IT ROUGH SAWN . THIS TOOL MAKES EASY WORK OF TURNING HOOKED BOARDS INTO STRAIGHT LUMBER. ILL RACE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU WITH YOUR TS AND ME WITH MY SMART GUIDE. AND I WILL BE ABLE TO JOIN MY EDGES WITHOUT A JOINER. BY THE WAY I LIVE IN FLA. AND THE COMPANY IS IN NJ. WE HAVE NO CONNECTION OTHER THAN I BOUGHT THEIR PRODUCT .

Comment

Originally posted by Conkle73:
        IM JUST A GUY THAT LOVES A GOOD IDEA AND THIS TOOL
        IS THE BEST IDEA IVE SEEN LATELY.IT TOOK ME A FEW WEEKS TO CONVINCE MYSELFE TO BUY IT BUT WHEN IT CAME IN THE MAIL I WAS NOT SORRY. I AM TRIMMIMG OUT MY HOUSE WITH EASTERN RED CEDAR AND I GET IT ROUGH SAWN . THIS TOOL MAKES EASY WORK OF TURNING HOOKED BOARDS INTO STRAIGHT LUMBER. ILL RACE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU WITH YOUR TS AND ME WITH MY SMART GUIDE. AND I WILL BE ABLE TO JOIN MY EDGES WITHOUT A JOINER. BY THE WAY I LIVE IN FLA. AND THE COMPANY IS IN NJ. WE HAVE NO CONNECTION OTHER THAN I BOUGHT THEIR PRODUCT .
        This guide has been discussed extensively on the other forums and is highly respected and thought of. I'm trying to decide between it and the Festool system. From what I hear either are fantastic and if you ever use either to cut sheet good (4x8 ply) you will never wrestle another sheet through the Tablesaw.

Supposedly either system is nearly dust free when connected with a vac and the right saw is utilized with the Ezguide. You need a circular saw like the PC Mag that has a dust tube. The Festool comes with a special saw that is made to be used with their vac. Both cut nearly flawlessly with no tear out.

One episode of This Old House showed Tommy DeSilva and Norm building a built in cabinet using nothing but the Festool products. They made it look very easy, probably quicker than using stationary tools and for sure easier since they didn’t have to horse around 4x8 sheets of ply.

In fact on one of the forums there is a discussion whether you need a table saw with the set up. One guy said he sold his table saw and is using the guided saw method exclusively.

Before anyone criticizes this system they might want to read up on it.
        http://www.festoolusa.com/
        http://www.eurekazone.com/

Before you accuse me of being on the someones payroll think about it. The two systems are competitors and it is not very likely I'm working for both. In other words no I don't work for either nor do I recieve anything for writing this.

[ 05-11-2005, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: RevEd ]
        Rev Ed

Comment

I've used it before. It is good for sheet goods and anything that is too large to put safely through a TS. But for smaller pieces the TS is much safer and better. If you need to cut multiple pieces the same length you can do it faster on a TS.
          IT's biggest limitation is the limits of the circ saw. It is a great tool for carpenters, OK for woodworkers.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael:
            I've used it before. It is good for sheet goods and anything that is too large to put safely through a TS. But for smaller pieces the TS is much safer and better. If you need to cut multiple pieces the same length you can do it faster on a TS.
            IT's biggest limitation is the limits of the circ saw. It is a great tool for carpenters, OK for woodworkers.
            Let me say many of the limitations or handicaps you mentioned are quickly being overcome by the manufactures. Your right however the main limitation is the circular saw. Right now the Festool with the plunge, riving knife and variable speed seems to be making real inroads. I think if manufactures are smart they will focus their attention on developing saws that will perform better using the guided saw and dead wood (where the wood is stationary and the saw moves) concept. Right now the only three saws that have an actual away to hook them to dust collection is Festool, PC Mag series and Ryobi.

From reading the other forums it seems the manufactures are actively developing ways to insure safe, accurate and "repeatable" cuts. I know both manufactures have now pretty much solved the crosscut and narrow board problems.

Interesting your comment about it is great for carpenters but just Ok for woodworkers. I think the biggest user right now are cabinet makers and finish craftsmen, carpenters if you prefer. I understand the flooring and onsite remodeling are heavily investing in the system because of the quality of cut and miminal dust generated. Also they are finding they don't have to go back to the shop or horse around a jobsite tablesaw to accomplish what they need.

I think we are going to see the EPA and OSHA mandate stricter guidelines for tools in the future. I think we can expect to see guidelines closer to European where dust collection and riving knifes are a must on saws. Along with total blade enclosure. It is my understanding that many European professional shops and almost all hobbyist shops don't contain Tablesaws as such. They use guided saw systems, band saws, panel saws and other tools to accomplish what we Americans commonly use the Tablesaw for.

Lets face fact the Tablesaw design as we know it is over 50 years old. With new designs and technology coming out in every other field perhaps it is time we see some innovation in the woodworking area. Don't sell the guided saw concept short before we see what all can be developed into it.

Perhaps Ridgid will step up and manufacture a circular saw that is made for such use in the future. I might get interesting.
            Rev Ed

Comment

A major weakness of the circ saw is that you cant see what you are cutting. Until sometimes invents an invisible circ saw we will be stuck with this problem. If you cant see what you are cutting you could end up cutting something you dont want to cut, such as a finger. I do agree with you that sometimes it is nicer to move the tool and not the wood, such as with a hand held router and not using a router table. The only time I like to use a circ saw is when using a TS is awkward or dangerous.
              www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

i have both the fesstool saw and a 3612. the fesstool is great for breaking down the plywood sheets to size. although you can use it for cutting cabinet carcasses, etc., the table saw is much more accurate and it is easier to cut panels the same size. the fesstool saw is also not as dustless as they would like you to believe much is much more dust free than the 3612.

Comment

""""A major weakness of the circ saw is that you cant see what you are cutting. Until sometimes invents an invisible circ saw we will be stuck with this problem. If you cant see what you are cutting you could end up cutting something you dont want to cut, such as a finger. I do agree with you that sometimes it is nicer to move the tool and not the wood, such as with a hand held router and not using a router table. The only time I like to use a circ saw is when using a TS is awkward or dangerous."""

Rafael.
                  with a zero clearance guide such as Festool or eurekazone you don't have to see the blade or the cutting line. Is EZ-SAFE and Smart.
                  Yes. I get pay to promote Safety and Ease.
                  YCfried Dino
                  Eurekazone inc.

Comment

I got the eurekazone fence and don't like it, i email them about getting replacemt strips, because they were damage and get an answer email them back and them wait and nothing happen, in the long cuts look like bows the cut, i wish i can send this thing back were it came from, By the way my mom design a really cool carring case for it to keep the two section apart for them not to get scratch and a handle for easy carring and six pockets to keep all the parts, if someone want a picture i'll be happy to send some. Hopefully now I can get my strips, maybe he will send them after reading this.
                    I think the best way is to get a panel saw, I know unfortunetly most of us don't have the kind of money of space. I has been tryng all different system, the eureka zone is nice they need to figure a way of making the aluminun profile stronger, i think the concept is nice, but have the problems above

Comment

Originally posted by johnarce:
                      I got the eurekazone fence and don't like it, i email them about getting replacemt strips, because they were damage and get an answer email them back and them wait and nothing happen, in the long cuts look like bows the cut, i wish i can send this thing back were it came from, By the way my mom design a really cool carring case for it to keep the two section apart for them not to get scratch and a handle for easy carring and six pockets to keep all the parts, if someone want a picture i'll be happy to send some. Hopefully now I can get my strips, maybe he will send them after reading this.
                      I think the best way is to get a panel saw, I know unfortunetly most of us don't have the kind of money of space. I has been tryng all different system, the eureka zone is nice they need to figure a way of making the aluminun profile stronger, i think the concept is nice, but have the problems above
                      I just e-mailed a note to Dino (EZguide Rep) that he should look this forum and into your complaint. I will be interested to see how this turns out
                      Rev Ed

Comment

Hi Jhonarce.
                        Thanks for bringing this up. Your experience can help us and others to find and correct the problem. First of all the guide rails are the strongest in the market.And the connection system is the first (patent pending) self aligning with 3 dove tail self aligning connectors.
                        I know the problem isn't there. (Except if you aren't using the third connector as shown here)
                        http://www.eurekazone.com/products/detail/c1.html
                        on the directions I have my cell. for 24 hours service and trouble shooting. And a statement to feel free to call any time. it will be nice if you can send me the previews email and see what happen. We may have send replacement edges with directions to you or we may misread your email?
                        I like to see the pictures of the special case that your mom designed for the EZ and to let you know if you aren't happy with the Performance of the tool, we aren't happy either. You suppose to get a perfect cut every time.
                        Another potential problem that I can see, is the play of the saw blade?
                        What type of saw and sawblades?
                        My email is dino@eurekazone.com
                        And feel free to post any problems that you may have so we can help others.
                        Thanks John.
                        YCF Dino

Thnks REV ED

Comment

These saw guide systems are quite handy and innovative and especially useful for on site work. The quality of the cut they give is quite remarkable. Having said that, I do not believe they are as fast as a tablesaw for many operations nor do I believe many users would throw out their tablesaws if they have one of these.

PMB
                          http://benchmark.20m.com

Comment

Hi Phil.
                            wait until you see this.

http://www.eurekazone.com/images/gal...ezrepeato.html
                            With build in flip stops on both sides of the rail and both sides of the saw blade ...
                            No more speed limits.
                            YCF Dino

Comment

the saw guide is great but not perfect. but then again , what is? as for the antichip strips .
                              i dont even use them. i took them off and measured the offset to the guide after i made a test cut on some scrap lumber, for my portercable saw with a freud diablo 40t blade the o/s is 7/16. i use this offset every time and the cut is within 1/64 to 1/128 of being perfectly straight, flat, and square. one pass over the jointer on the 1/128 setting and the edge looks like glass. i use mostly roughsawn lumber and the ezsmart guide is the fastest and safest and most accurate tool ive used to true the lumber , now i do use the table saw alot if i need to process many boards to the same size but only after one side has been straightened with the ezsmart guide. i do wish however that there was less side to side play between the guide and the base. then there would probably be no need for the use of the jointer

Comment

Working...
                              X