Ridgid TS24120

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid TS24120

A friend gave me a Ridgid TS24120 that belonged to his deceased dad. It looks like it had very little use.
    Is this a good table saw? Seems to be well made with a very heavy fence.

Re: Ridgid TS24120

Compared to what is available today I would rate the 2412 as a pretty decent low end Contractor Saw. It doesn't have a lot of the bell and whistles that can be found on some of the newer Ridgid models but all in all I think you'll find the saw up to most any task you can throw at it. For sure it's a much better saw than any of the direct drive saws.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

i also own a ts2412. the major differences with the 3650/60 ( the last of ridgid's contractor saws) are: 1) no dual voltage motor, 2) stamped steel extension wings vs. CI for the 3650/60, 3) no included herc-u-lift mobile base, 4) no eccentric lever on the rear trunion to assist in aligning the blade to the moter slot, 5) different rails and fence. the 2412 has 24" right rip capacity and 12" left rip. the 3650/60 offered 36" right rip and 12" left rip. also, the front rail, and the fence heads, are differently shaped, with the 3605/60 (and 3612) being slightly more substantial than the 2412.

having noted the above, i have opted to retain my 2412, even when i had purchased 3650s for as little as $100, NIB. i also purchased a 4511 for ~$250, but sold it, again, NIB. i found, when comparing the newer saws, that the materials seemed to be slightly less substantial. this is a subjective comparison only and based on no scientific info whatsoever.

a last difference is that the 2412 has a lifetime warranty that is not specific to the original owner. so it applies to the current owner. the later ridgids, the 3650, 3660 and the recently discontinued 4511 are covered by a 3 yr warranty and can be registered for a lifetime service agreement. so you have a saw with a lifetime warranty.

while the 2412 is a low end contractor saw, with proper set up there is nothing i have thrown at it that it hasn't handled easily. but being a low end saw, set up, as i found the hard way, is crucial to it's performing to it's max potential.

to help familiarize you with your new saw, here is a link to the owner's manual:

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/C67D3E5...le_Saw_Man.pdf

good luck with your new saw. i hope it provides you with the same performance i've gotten from mine.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I just get my self, a TS2412 with upgarde fense guide to 24-24 for $120 on craiglist, i bought it from Palm Beach Atlantic University, almost new, very little use for art students, I could not be happier

Comment

Originally posted by valdezpablo View Post
          I just get my self, a TS2412 with upgarde fense guide to 24-24 for $120 on craiglist, i bought it from Palm Beach Atlantic University, almost new, very little use for art students, I could not be happier
          Check the nameplate on your saw, your description of 24-24 makes it sound like the saw you purchased just might actually be a TS2424. The TS2424 followed the TS2412 in the line of progression of Ridgid Contractor style table saws.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            Check the nameplate on your saw, your description of 24-24 makes it sound like the saw you purchased just might actually be a TS2424. The TS2424 followed the TS2412 in the line of progression of Ridgid Contractor style table saws.
            it says TS2412 0 and has the stamped steel extension wings on both sides, is not the one with open cast iron

Comment

Working...
            X