X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this forum...

Does this forum have a new look? or is it just me getting a new view while visiting Sydney?

rick
    <a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/rixworx\" target=\"_blank\">http://photos.yahoo.com/rixworx</a>

I just came back here after a few days off & noticed the same thing. I think it looks good!

Comment

Overall, I like the new look. However, the links don't work right with Netscape. I find this to be very frustrating. Also, my IE toolbars don't show up in the forum area.

If anybody from Ridgid is monitoring this, please see if you can get it fixed.

Thanks,

[ 08-19-2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: dow ]
      De Colores,
      Dow
      Boerne, TX

Comment

I use both I.E. and Mozilla. I.E. looks ok, but Mozilla does not. Hopefully they'll be able to "tweek" the html code to make it more standardized.

Paul M.

Comment

I hope so!
          Andy B.

Comment

The old rigid discussion board was easily the best that I have ever used or seen. I have been working to get my site to look more like their old one, colors, functionality and all. And what happens? Rigid dumps it for something that is harder on the eyes and, from what I can tell, causes a few problems for some other people. If anyone from ridgid is reading this, bring back the old one, this new site is not an improvement.
            www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I'll say the Amen to that. The glare is harder on the eyes, and some of the navigation tools are gone. No Back-Button that I can find, so have to carefully navigate your way back, or start over. It is a pain to use. Not all change is change for the better.
              If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

Guys,

If I use my old link, I can see the tool bar.
                If I come into the forum from the new main page, I do not have tool bars.

Here is my old link. See if it works for you.
                http://www.ridgid.com/cgi-bin/ultima...?ubb=get_daily

I have to agree. For the most part, I liked the setup and colors of the old site better. I am getting older and darker is easier on the eyes. Glad to see the new tools.

Rob

Comment

The forum has a new look so it is consistent with the redesign of the rest of the site. You guys do go to the rest of the site, don't you? [img]smile.gif[/img]

All we changed is the color scheme, so I don't know of any reason why the mechanics should be any different.

For those of you who preferred the old color scheme, all I can say is that I will keep your comments in mind for the next redesign! Believe me, we had plenty of complaints about the difficulty of reading text on the black background.

As far as browser incompatibilites go, we test the site on IE 5.5+ and Netscape 6 on a PC. Mac users and Netscape 4 holdouts represent a very small minority of the visitors to our site, so we spend a proportional amount of time troubleshooting. Sorry. We don't even have a Mac to check the site on, though we hope to at some point.

The truth be told, however, we bought the Forum software from Infopop and don't do much 'tweaking' on it ourselves except through the built-in administration tools. The rest of the site is another matter.

Comment

Norm,
                    I just tried Rob C's link and it works for me, gives me Back-Button, Forward-Button and everything. But it brings me right to General Woodworking Discussion, and I would prefer to navigate the whole forum.
                    I don't understand why the tool bar needed to be eliminated, and blaming it on Infopop seems rather lame. If Rob C's link works that easily, it seems it would be a rather quick and simple fix to install. It's not like you are building a table saw.
                    So you will save our comments for the next redesign? That sounds like any feedback is just breath-to-the-wind.
                    It is not the response I might have expected.

Norm,
                    Just played with Rob C's link, and this one gets me the tool bar and to the start of the forum:
                    http://www.ridgid.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb
                    Thanks.

[ 08-20-2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Deblieux ]

Comment

I like the new look Good job

Comment

It won't keep me away but I liked the old setup much better. It was easier on the eyes for me.

No effect on my browsers, both IE and Netscape.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Deblieux:
                          I don't understand why the tool bar needed to be eliminated, and blaming it on Infopop seems rather lame...If Rob C's link works that easily, it seems it would be a rather quick and simple fix to install. It's not like you are building a table saw.
                          So you will save our comments for the next redesign? That sounds like any feedback is just breath-to-the-wind.
                          It is not the response I might have expected...
                          I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. The buttonless tool bar is intended for popup pages other than the forum, and we are correcting that now.

As far as your feedback being a waste of time, I must strongly disagree. The Ridgid Web Team takes all user feedback into account. If we hear the same comment a few times, it makes us step back and take a look. Obviously on an issue like the color scheme of the entire website, there won't be a quick fix. And we are quite aware that we can't please everyone; the issue of a dark background versus a light background may just be personal preference. We won't know how the majority of our users feel until we have the site up for a while.

When we get the Ridgid Poll up and functioning again, we'll give everyone a chance for a thumbs up or down.

Comment

Norm,
                            Thank you for your promt reply. I know that you guys have a lot of work to do to get this site functioning smoothly and efficiently. As I have stated elsewhere, I appreciate your efforts. I appreciate that you will bring the tool bar back, and in the meantime I will use the link that Rob C brought back to us.
                            I understand the continuity issue. Even so, a change here doesn't have to ripple through the rest of the site. If you went back to the Black/Gray background, it could be used to distinguish the forum from the rest of the site. The feedback about the harsh contrast may lead away from white or black, both creating too strong a contrast. (I prefer the black.) What ever you wind up with, legibility is the main issue. My glasses (and I bet yours, too) seem to gather less light lately, and it is difficult holding the computer screen at arm's length.
                            Thanks again.

Comment

I do not like the "new" web site at all. With all of the changes giong on at Emerson / Ridgid just maybe they are telling us that they dont give a dam about what we feel. As for the guy that can not get the TS3612 wings, that stinks also. I was ready to get the Ridgid 6 1/2" Joiner but I will be looking at OTHERS as I feel that Ridgid has crashed and burned...This forum was a great place but they screwed it up too, so watch out folks. Thanks for all of the good advice that I have gained here, BUT I WILL NOT BE BACK, BY BY RIDGID!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X