Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 20% Off Ridgid Tools Thru September

Bill (Nailbanger),

You are right of course, I mis-spoke (typed)... the rebate has nothing whatsoever to do with Home Depot, it is in fact a Ridgid-brand rebate. I think I alluded to that in my two earlier posts, one regarding whatever deal one could work out with the purchase from detail had no effect on the rebate, as it was simply a matter of Ridgid providing 20% rebate on the receipt price.

CWS

Comment

Ok, which reciept do you send? on the left side it states "ORIGINAL" sales reciept, on the right side it states "COPY" of the reciept, is this another way for Ridgid to get out of paying you, saying you sent the wrong reciept???????

Comment

I do not believe they have the ability to check Home Depot's receipt numbers.

About a year ago, there was the family & friends rebate, and I bought an R4511 at $499 along with a bunch of other tools. I qualified for the max rebate, $250. I sent off the forms and receipt copies (or maybe orginals).

A month or so later, the R4511 goes on clearance at $299. I did a paperwork re-buy at $299 and got $200 back there and then. Later I realised I may have compromised the rebate I had already applied for, if the receipt was checked.

Luckily, this was not the case, and the full amount of the rebate check appeared in due course.

Comment

Originally posted by em260mm View Post
          Ok, which reciept do you send? on the left side it states "ORIGINAL" sales reciept, on the right side it states "COPY" of the reciept, is this another way for Ridgid to get out of paying you, saying you sent the wrong reciept???????
          according to the ridgid CS rep i spoke to, a copy of the receipt is acceptable for rebates. he indicated that ridgid realizes that customers want to keep the original of the receipt for warranty purposes. FWIW.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
            according to the ridgid CS rep i spoke to, a copy of the receipt is acceptable for rebates. he indicated that ridgid realizes that customers want to keep the original of the receipt for warranty purposes. FWIW.
            Originally posted by em260mm View Post
            All you need to do is send a copy of the reciept AND a copy of the UPC code along with the 20% off form. When you sign up for the Ridgid lifetime warranty, you will need a copy of the reciept and the actual UPC code from the box. It's all easy and Ridgid is a decent company to deal with.

Red
            Red

Comment

I agree with Red and Finer... historically, when there is a conflict between the UPC requirements for both "rebate" and "LLSA registration", it is the LLSA that takes priority on getting the "original" UPC cut from product carton.

A copy of that UPC has, in the past, been exceptable for the rebate requirement.

In either case (rebate or LLSA registration), you only need to send a copy of your sales receipt. You should never send the original.

One caution on the original though: In the past, a lot of these Home Depot sales receipts have been noted to fade away to nothing. Depending on storage, some of these receipts can start to fade within months and within a couple of years or so, you will have nothing but a blank slip of paper.

As a regular routine, I scan every tool receipt into my computer (as well as other important purchases and paperwork) and I keep a digital backup.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

I called 1-866-342-4251 for clarification of this rebate and figured it may help others with the same questions.
                Q: The Rebate says buy any “Tool” (Singular), but it also says, “…UPC labels from each qualifying purchase (Plural). Is the Rebate for one tool or several tools with a $200 discount cap?

A: You may purchase several tools with a $200 discount cap.

Q: The Rebate asks for a copy of the sales receipt and UPC labels. Does it have to be the original UPC or will a copy suffice?

A: A copy of the UPC is sufficient.

Q: The Rebate states, “May not be combined with other offer.” I assume that means another “Ridgid” offer. May I stack a 10% off Home Depot coupon with this 20% rebate, or will that void your rebate?

A: You may stack them, but my 20% rebate will be on your total purchase price AFTER the 10% coupon discount, not the full retail price.

Comment

Thanks for looking into that, dbproductionz. The stars finally aligned for me to buy a band saw (BS1400). After the clearance price, the HF coupon, and this rebate, the total price will be around $180.

Comment

What HF coupon?

Comment

Yours is the 24th posting on this thread, see posting #1.
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                        Yours is the 24th posting on this thread, see posting #1.
                        That's for the RIDGID rebate, which I've already got.

I'm asking the HF coupon that Brandon was referring to... Where does one get one of those?

Comment

Check the back of any magazine you might get at your house, chances are there is one there.

I pulled one out of the back of my Maxim magazine and got 20% off the 8000 watt generator. Its a single item only, but that just means you buy your biggest most expensive item with that coupon, then go back for the smaller stuff later.

Comment

Originally posted by JayTalbott View Post
                            That's for the RIDGID rebate, which I've already got.

I'm asking the HF coupon that Brandon was referring to... Where does one get one of those?
                            Oops, my bad, I thought your HF was a typo for HD.

Here's a link to a HF coupon, scroll down about 1/3 of the page and look for the "HF pdf" and click on that.
                            Last edited by BadgerDave; 09-08-2010, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                              Here's a link to a HF coupon, scroll down about 1/3 of the page and look for the "HF pdf" and click on that.
                              Unless HD will accept expired HF coupons, that won't work.

Unfortunately, none of the magazines that I get have included any HF coupons. Perhaps I need to go look at the magazine rack at the store to find one with an HF coupon. Any suggestions so I'm not just randomly looking through every magazine trying to find an elusive HF 20% off coupon?

Comment

?????? The 20% off HF coupons that come up for me when I go to that site don't expire until 12/31/10. Also, as has been stated before, all HD will not accept HF coupons. The HD's here will not.

Comment

Working...
                                X