X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 20% Off Ridgid Tools Thru September

Oh, I see. I was clicking on links that were futher down the page that all led to expired deals. Should have looked more closely.

Anybody know if the HD stores in AZ will accept HF coupons?

Comment

It depends on the store. They might be less willing to accept a printed-out internet coupon than one out of a magazine or newspaper.

It depends not only on the store, but the cashier as well. I just confidently tell them that I have a "competitor coupon" and hand it to them then hope for the best. This usually works better than asking, "Do you take Harbor Freight coupons?" ;-)

Comment

From what I've been able to determine the policy of accepting competitor's coupons is not an official corporate policy. It's open for manager interpretation.

When I bought by R4511 I tried to use a HF coupon on Sunday and was denied by the manager, I decided to wait since I had to arrange bringing it home. Tuesday when I actually bought it another manager allowed me to use it, in the same store, with no equivocation.

I'm usually not comfortable using questionable methods to haggle a deal, but, I also don't like companies having these unofficial policies. Tell me what the rules are, make it clear.

That being said, I wish the bandsaws were on clearance here.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. Now I can get more $ back from my Ridgid router I got with my 20% off HF coupon. I tried 3 diff HD stores before I got one to accept it so you just have to try diff days in various stores. Now my $199 router will be about $130 after tax.

Comment

GREAT TIMING!!! I just bought the new 13" planer at HD so a little help is good. Thanks for getting this out there. Have a great day!! phil

Comment

As I was telling my wife, it doesn't help me because I don't actually need anything at the moment, at least nothing that Ridgid produces.

Isn't that always the way it goes?

Comment

Originally posted by Cephus View Post
                As I was telling my wife, it doesn't help me because I don't actually need anything at the moment, at least nothing that Ridgid produces.

Isn't that always the way it goes?
                Umm, why do you let "need" get in the way of "must have more tools than the guy that lives next door" ?

Furthermore, why are you letting your wife know you dont "need" a new tool?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
                  Umm, why do you let "need" get in the way of "must have more tools than the guy that lives next door" ?
                  I'm not competing against anyone. If I need something, I get it. I don't buy, just to buy. The fact is, all of my tools do the jobs I need them to do, they are all in good repair, there's nothing that a new tool would do that the tools I currently have don't already do. Spending money just to spend money is a bit nuts.

Furthermore, why are you letting your wife know you dont "need" a new tool?
                  Honesty? If I need something, I go get it. I don't have to con her to get it.

Comment

I'm curious if the RIDGID generators qualify for this 20% rebate.

I've been on the fence whether to buy the RD8000, this could clinch it for me, but they are listed as Outdoor Power Equipment not Power Tools.

Couldn't it be considered a tool is you use it to supply power for power tools on the jobsite?

I'll have to make a decision this weekend as time is running out.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob,

There's a contact number on the lower left of the rebate form, you can call and ask your question.

I hope this helps, as time is running out,

CWS

Comment

In one of the forums I frequent I believe I read of someone that called and found out that generators do NOT qualify.

I would have liked it if they did, I got the RD8000 and HD honored a 20% off HF coupon. Another 20% off on top of that would have been outstanding!

Comment

Does that rebate apply to air tools such as nailers?

Comment

Long time listener, first time caller....

I have been eyeballing the MSUV
                            for some time. Wasn't sure if the 20% rebate would apply since it is not technically a power tool. So today I called the toll free number on the rebate form and was patched through to the program administrator. He explained that although this is not a power tool, it is eligible since a miter saw is so much more functional with it.

So i headed on down to the BORG with my 20% HF coupon in hand and scored the MSUV for $160 bones. I will get another 20% off from the rebate making this a pretty sweet deal.

BTW, the cashier did not even bat an eye at my HF coupon. Although she did say it was a slam dunk since I took the entire sale page it was on, not just the clipped coupon....

A shout out to any and all submariners out there.

Mike

Comment

Ok. I bit it yesterday. Used 10% off lowes coupon and bought the OSS and Trim Router. Don't know if I will ever use them. If not, I can always sell for the same price later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Can View Post
                                Long time listener, first time caller....

I have been eyeballing the MSUV
                                for some time. Wasn't sure if the 20% rebate would apply since it is not technically a power tool. So today I called the toll free number on the rebate form and was patched through to the program administrator. He explained that although this is not a power tool, it is eligible since a miter saw is so much more functional with it.

So i headed on down to the BORG with my 20% HF coupon in hand and scored the MSUV for $160 bones. I will get another 20% off from the rebate making this a pretty sweet deal.

BTW, the cashier did not even bat an eye at my HF coupon. Although she did say it was a slam dunk since I took the entire sale page it was on, not just the clipped coupon....

A shout out to any and all submariners out there.

there ia a new improved model of the msuv out, saw it in box the other day, looks more like the tile saw base

Comment

Working...
                                X