X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20% Off Ridgid Tools Thru September

Follow the link for a mail in rebate for 20% off any Ridgid power Tool thru September.

Red

http://www.ridgid.com/Download/lsa_eblast_rebate.pdf
    Red

Re: 20% Off Ridgid Tools Thru September

Hi Cactus,

I also posted this note, (mine in "News and Events") and it looks like neither of us has caught anyone's attention.

Hey guys... this is 20% Its a good deal, really.

CWS

Comment

Do you think Ridgid would still honor the 20% if you use a HF or Lowes coupon to make the purchase? I mean HD would not know you are using a mail in rebate. The rebate does specify "cannot be combined with any other offer"

Does anyone know what price the 4511 is currently selling at? 399 I think?

Cheers
      Aaron

Comment

Aeron,

In my opinion, the rebate is totally different than whatever "deal" you work out with purchasing it from Home Depot. For example, my local HD has the Ridgid Jointer on sale for $379. A few weeks ago it was $439, IIRC. So, today I made the purchase, asking for 10% off the current $379... and I got that, no problem. Final price was $341, less tax.

So, with the rebate, I'll get back $68. Without that extra 10%, I would have paid $379 and then got back $76, but of course MY deal works out better.

So, whatever coupon or deal you use will result in a paid price and the rebate will get you back 20% of the price on your receipt.

NOW, I'm under the impression that the 4511 is no longer available and hasn't been for several months now, at least down here in the States. Ridgid is supposed to be coming out with a new saw (4512) near the end of the year, I believe; but of course that will be well beyond this current rebate offer.

Sorry,

CWS
        Last edited by CWSmith; 09-05-2010, 01:40 AM.

Comment

It doesn't do me much good. Home Depot came here a couple years ago and only lasted about a year before they packed up and left. They made plenty of mistakes, first was they tried to save a buck and bought land for the store a block back from the main drag, which was also across the street from Menards. Then they opened the store before it was fully stocked and upset a few customers that they probably didn't get back, and I heard they had management problems. In my opinion they should of built on the south side of town, away from the rest of the home improvement stores. It's too bad, I liked some of their stuff, and probably would of eventually bought their spindle sander. Oh well, atleast we have Lowes I guess, I try to avoid Menards.

Comment

Thanks I just got a R4510 yesterday, this is the right timing.

Comment

CWSmith

There are a couple R4511s in Western MA. I just picked one up in Wilbrahmam MA for $399 on Sept. 2 and am looking forward to the 20% rebate. They had one more on the floor. I have also seen one in West Springfield MA, but none in CT.

Comment

I picked up the OSS/edge sander and they will be sending me $40. Not a lot, but I'll take it.

Red
                Red

Comment

I receivied this rebate in my email and as usual the fine print reads, Only in the US. So why send it to a candian via email if its of no practical use to us. Are canadian Ridgid tool owners not worthy of getting a 20% discount for spending their money on Ridgid tools?

Comment

Rich Go 6,

Thanks for the pointers, but after buying the jointer yesterday, my tool budget is cashed out. Don't really have the room (yet) for as big saw like the 4511, but gee... wouldn't that be nice to have!

Nailbanger,

Understand the frustration of denial to our Canadian neighbors. I really don't understand how Home Depot works (not very well, all too often) as close as our two countries are, I would think it be too their advantage to have the same customer satisfaction.

CWS

Comment

Anybody know if the Jobsite Radio counts for the 20% off?

Comment

Originally posted by JayTalbott View Post
                        Anybody know if the Jobsite Radio counts for the 20% off?
                        If it doesn't then they need to change the name to Radio.
                        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

An argument could be made on the Jobsite radio because it is on the Ridgid website under power tools and grouped with corded bench and stationary power tools. The Jobsite radio can be powered by Ridgid 12-24v batteries thus its a cordless power tool To me

Comment

Thanks CWS but its not HomeDepot that has this 20% rebate. Ridgid is offering this rebate directly. Maybe they wopld still honor it if it was sent in but I would not care to chance going out and buying a major tool relying on the 20% rebate that may never be honored. Sorry to the forumn for the rant.

Regards
                            Bill

Comment

Just to muddy the waters even more, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it isn't Ridgid/Ridge Tool that is offering the rebate but OWT/TTI. IF that is really the case then it would only seem logical that the rebate would be offered on only those RIDGID badged tools that OWT/TTI is licensed to manufacture.

Maybe ProBrand can offer some clarification as to what is or isn't included in this promo?
                              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                              X